Thread: Unable to stop leaking water from H70 that smells like anti-freeze

Unable to stop leaking water from H70 that smells like anti-freeze

I was preparing to replace my H70 to my 1050T AMD Corsair tonight, when I suddenly began to smell something very similar to antifreeze to use in my truck and van. Upon closer inspection, I noticed small drops of water leaking from a pipe connected to the motor mechanism. I can not say if it comes directly from the hose or swivel joint hose is connected. I have the H50 as well and have never had a leak. I was told that these units do not leak at all and that is the main reason you bought them. Lucky for me, was putting the H70 motor mechanism in the CPU when it hit me. Not escaped before. I have not put any undo pressure on all the H70, so I can not understand how this is happening.

Re: Unable to stop leaking water from H70 that smells like anti-freeze

I think the problem here is with the pipe which can be fitted with another pipe or fitted over the top. In such case a hose clap will prevent it from leaking. I just don’t have any idea of how leaking from H70 is possible. Since I don’t have much idea about this but still you can try using hose clap. Well you don’t much to lose so I think having this shot is not a bad idea. Try, may be it helps you.

See be very careful in such case because even a single drop by chance fell onto your motherboard then your motherboard will no longer work. Then you need to buy a new one which is the only option. You can try to use a dryer or heat gun which has a low heat setting to heat the hose a little. After heating it just wait for sometime until it gets cool down and check it again. Hope this may help you.

I think the problem occurred is due to the improper fittings between the joint and the tube that is leaking. You can check it out as soon as possible. If not than just check that is there any crack in the joint/tube. If the water leaking is not a pure water than RMA is the only option. If possible, than ask any experts or to some advanced RMA so as to get a crossed ship. I hope this can solve your problem.

Well this is the first time I have heard that corsair H70 or H50 gets leaked up and the smell is like anti-freeze. Anyways, try to clean the water as soon as possible otherwise even a single drop of water can damage the internal circuits. Also se whether your H70 is under warranty. Get it replace by calling the Corsair's Customer Support. They will surely repair it if possible or else they will give you a new H70by replacing the old one.