Thread: Blu-Ray playback is freezing after every 10 minutes in Windows 7

Blu-Ray playback is freezing after every 10 minutes in Windows 7

Hey guys, I am facing this very irritating problem from yesterday night. I have recently installed Windows 7 Operating system in my computer as I have added new SSD in it. After installing clean Windows 7, I played Blu-Ray by using Cyberlink PowerDVD 9. But after running the Blu-Ray for some time, the real problem started occurring. The Blu-ray was freezing after every 5-10 minutes for about 30 long seconds. This process was continuing the whole time. It has seriously annoyed me. Does anyone know what could be the reason behind this problem and what should I do in order to solve my problem?

re: Blu-Ray playback is freezing after every 10 minutes in Windows 7

Dude, you have mentioned that you have recently reinstalled Windows 7 OS in your PC, so I would probably recommend you to first install all the necessary drivers in your PC. This will include BIOS, Audio and video drivers and also the sound drivers for your respective hardware devices. By doing this, it will be ensured whether you are facing the problem because of some kind of drivers issue or not. Check whether you are facing the problem after you have installed the drivers in your system.

I would recommend you to make sure that the new SSD which you added in your system in properly installed. Also make sure that the Blu-ray drive is properly inserted in its dedicated socket. It is possible that the connection might be loose and that is why you are facing this weird problem while you are playing Blu-ray disc in your drive. Also I would ask you to make sure that you are running some blu-ray disc which is not corrupt. Or else it might happen that you are trying every possible solutions and your disc seems to be corrupt. If any of your friend is having Blu-ray drive then run your disc in there drive and check whether the disc is corrupt or not. Also try running different disc in your drive and check if you are facing the problem or not.

There are high chances that you might have not installed the Blu-ray drive in your system properly or the installation might have got corrupted, so I would recommend you to perform Uninstallation and then reinstallation of your Blu-ray drive and check if the problem is solved after the uninstall/reinstall process. You can perform this action by going to the Device Manager. You can go to Device Manager by following steps:
    • Clicking the Start button i.e. Windows Orb in Windows 7
    • Click on Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Device Manager.
    • If Windows 7 OS prompts for any admin password then insert the password.
    • Now scroll and search for the name of your Blu-ray drive.
    • Right click on the name of Blu-ray drive and select Uninstall.
    • Reboot your computer.
    • On restart the system will automatically install the necessary drivers for the newly detected hardware.

According to me the problem might be some kind of compatibility issue between some programs which are installed in your computer which is causing this malfunctioning while you are playing blu-ray discs in your computer. So I would recommend you to check out which program is causing this compatibility issue and uninstall it from your system and then check whether the similar problem still exists in your system or not. If the problem is solved after you have uninstalled the problem causing software, then it totally depends on you whether to keep the software in your system or not.

I have also faced this problem while playing blu-ray disc in my laptop. And I realized that my Anti-virus was causing this problem in my system. So I would suggest you to turn off your Anti-virus by disabling it and then check the performance of your blu-ray drive. If the problem is solved after doing this, then the problem is surely with your installed antivirus. So you are with options either to turn off your antivirus while playing blu-ray discs or to uninstall the current antivirus and install another updated version of antivirus in your system. The decision is completely yours. Also make sure that you have installed the latest version of Cyberlink PowerDVD in your system.

Re: Blu-Ray playback is freezing after every 10 minutes in Windows 7

There seems to be some kind of problem with your blu-ray disc drive, either with its lens or some other parts. So I would suggest you to visit any computer Service center which is nearest to your area and send your computer for repairing to the store. The Technical staff will be able to rectify the exact problem in your system and would be giving you the perfect solution to solve your issue. You there is some hardware issue with your Blu-ray drive then most probably you will have to purchase a new one inorder to enjoy playing blue-ray disc in future.