Thread: Unable to use Headphone Jack in UBUNTU 10.10

Unable to use Headphone Jack in UBUNTU 10.10

I am using DELL studio laptop and I am using it from more than one year first I was using it with windows vista. After that I have installed UBUNTU operating system in my laptop. Before I installed the UBUNTU in my laptop all the things were working perfectly but after installing the UBUNTU whenever I insert the headphone in jack pin at that time I am not able to hear any sound please tell me what is wrong with my laptop? I want to solve this problem as soon as possible.

re: Unable to use Headphone Jack in UBUNTU 10.10

If you are not able to use the headphone with your laptop then I would like to tell you one thing that first check your headphone is working properly or not? If it is working properly then check that you are inserting your headphone right place or not. Try to insert any other headphone in your laptop and check that whether it is working or not? If other headphone is not working then there is something wrong with your laptop only. Try these things and you will be able to know the exact problem.

According to me first you should check the setting in the sound manager. Whenever you insert the headphone in laptop at that time do you get any message like headphone is inserted? If you are not getting this message then first check the setting in the sound manager is proper or not? Also check that your system sound is on. Because some time due to wrong setting in the sound manager also creates this kind of problem. I hope my information will be helpful to you.

If you are still not able to solve this problem even after trying this solution then I think first you should uninstall the driver from your laptop. After that insert your driver disk in your laptop and after that install the driver again. After installing the driver restart the laptop again. After that insert the headphone in your laptop and check whether it is working or not? I hope after doing that you will not face this problem again with your laptop and you will be able to use the headphone.

If you are facing the same problem again then I think you should download the latest driver from internet and install that driver in your laptop but make sure that the driver which you have download is compatible with the UBUNTU operating system. You can find the latest drivers on the internet. Just download that drivers and try to solve this problem with that driver. After doing that you will be able to use the headphone with your laptop.

I have followed all the steps as you have mentioned in your post regarding the sound manager. But after doing that also I am still not able to use my headphone with the laptop. After that I have also uninstall the drivers and install it again in my laptop but that trick doesn’t worked for me. Now I have no idea what to do with this problem. Is there anything wrong with my jackpin? Please tell me what should I do to solve this? I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Unable to use Headphone Jack in UBUNTU 10.10

If you have tried them to solve this problem by reinstalling the sound driver then I think there is something wrong with your current operating system. I think you should try to install the different operating system in your laptop. Install the operating system indifferent partition and then check your headphone in that operating system. If it is working perfectly in that OS then I think you have to find the solution for the UBUNTU OS. After that you may not get this problem again.