Thread: Need to buy a graphic card which my PC able to support

Need to buy a graphic card which my PC able to support

Hi everyone. I want to buy a brand new graphic card but I don’t know which card will be supported by my computer. My PC configuration is: I have 2GB DDR2 RAM, with Dual-Core processor. I have installed Windows xp service pack 2. My motherboard is of ASUS i.e. P5KPL-AM/PS. My SMPS supports up to 450 watts. Thus looking at my PC’s configuration I was thinking to buy XFX Geforce 9500GT with 1 GB memory and my budget is up to 3k. Please need suggestions which graphic card should I buy.

Re: Need to buy a graphic card which my PC able to support

See you must first know at what resolution you will be gaming. You must also know which games you are going to play because several games need more than 1 GB graphic card. If your screen resolution is 1024*768 which you are currently using than I think many graphic cards will work with you PC. But thinking about your budget, well I don’t think so that 1 GB graphic card will be available. You can try for 712 mb graphic card.

I think you need to change your PSU i.e. Power Supply Unit. Because changing this may provide FSP SAGA II 400W or else Gigabyte Superb 460W to work. However you need to increase your budget because it would not be possible to change the psu and buy a new graphic card. All these types of cards will work with your computer’s configuration. You can also try to get 9600Gt graphic which is not being manufactured now but then you will not be able to find other cards in your budget.

You can change your psu to FSP saga II 400w. I think it will come under your budget and then buy a graphic card. So first change your psu and go for gpu. This may help. You can also try to increase your budget if possible because it is after all one time investment and you can have a good configuration PSU and graphic card. Your motherboard is also good thus many graphic cards will support your system.

Hey dude if you want to buy a 1 BG graphic card within 3k of budget than you can go for nVidia. Nvidia graphics cards are the good ones and will support your PC’s configuration. You can go for nVidia GeForce 9500 GT graphic card which is best suited for you. Well this graphic card costs you around 3000-4000. So I think you can add some extra amount which is not much. Try this.