Thread: To clean dust in my PC can I use vacuum cleaner

To clean dust in my PC can I use vacuum cleaner

Hi everyone. Friends I need your help. The problem is that I am staying in such a house where there is too hot and humid. Due to this my PC catches lots of dust which make my computer’s temperature very high. Thus because of this I am not able to insert any graphic card. So it’s very urgent to clean my PC and other peripherals such as motherboard, RAM, fans wires etc. as soon as possible. So to clean my PC, can I use vacuum cleaners? Please need suggestions.

Re: To clean dust in my PC can I use vacuum cleaner

No. You should not use a vacuum cleaner to clean inside the computer case. A vacuum basically creates static electricity which can damage many internal components. You can use cans of compressed air instead. Spray short, quick explosions in areas clean. For hard to reach few areas, use of brush can be very effective. When cleaning the heat sink, you can use the isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface and the surface of the CPU to remove all traces of the pre-applied thermal paste and apply a new layer of thermal paste.

Hey buddy first of all, try to keep your PC cool if possible because it heat may burn your IC circuits. It’s natural that PC may catch the dust if not cleaned regularly. You must at least clean your PC once in every two months. Well you can use vacuum cleaner but keep in mind that you keep it in blower mode. It can come handy which removes all the dust from the case. Even you must take care that blower mode also teds to generate heat so be careful while cleaning.

Vacuum cleaner kept in blower mode may help but it may blow up the capacitors and other circuits. After all you are using vacuum cleaner which has huge static electricity. Vacuum cleaner may not be harmful if you have solid capacitors. Use some other specific machines that are made for cleaning PC’s and also use computer plastic covers to cover your PC which will protect your PC from entering the dust particles.

You can use air cans. Have you heard of it? Air cans are basically made for cleaning the PC’s and small parts of various systems. This air cans are basically ozone safe and nonflammable. It has low power compared to the vacuum cleaner but cleans all the internal part of the computer. It is a controlled cleaning process. Thus it is efficient to use air cans which will work without damaging the capacitors.

It is best to use a paint brush i.e. a softer one. If the brush cannot reach some area then try another brush with small heads and thin and should be used with caution. You will have small fans that can be used by hand. I use the same thing. First I cleaned with brushes which are of different sizes to reach the different areas and then blow the dust with the hand blower. It works well. Test and this is cheap and safe too. Good luck.