Thread: Hard drive suddenly gets disappeared

Hard drive suddenly gets disappeared

I am having an assembled system with me. I m using it since last 5 years. And it is functioning very well from that time. I have never persisted any problem since then. But last week I changed the position on my system from my drawing room to leaving room. After shifting the system I kept system off for 3-4 days. Then 2 days before I switched it on- and then one amazing problem was observed. That was the D: / partition was gone missing from the drive list. I rebooted thrice and then drive location was reappeared.. I kept the system off due to this. Then again today the same problem is irritating me. Suggest something please.

Re: Hard drive suddenly gets disappeared

Hahaha, you also seem to get shocked like me after looking at this magical change. I think you might have not checked the drive locations in the disk management option available in the device manager console. So first check this. Right click on my computer  manage --- select it. One interface will appear. Where disk management is an option. Choose that and see whether the drive is displayed or not. If it is displayed then don’t worry your drive has not harmed. And restart the system press F8 longer. Then choose last known good configuration. And then you can find your drive back at its place.

I don’t think this problem is related with the configurations or changes in software. It is a problem related with hardware. You have to check up all the connections of the devices connected with your system. As you have moved the system position, during that it may be possible that the connections inside have disturbed. So you must check the connections of hard drives with the motherboard. Kindly check it out. The problem is related with hardware and not with software. Note my words.

Yes, boss the problem is not with software. This issue is completely related with the power connection. Because I have experienced this issue many time. I was having an issue with my cd-rom which was connected with the system, but still it was not being display in the list. I called up my engineer. He came for my service and just did a single thing; I. e. opened my cabinet and removed the power connections of the cd-rom and also removed the IDE and fitted them back to the devices. This solved the problem very quickly. But remember always that never do hardware changes when the system is running. Do all those works in switched off mode.