Thread: Finding a Recommendation for BEST Photo Printer

Finding a Recommendation for BEST Photo Printer

I am very disappointed. I just got a new all-in-one - loud but fast and is nice at working. What I want now is to replace an old HP 385 that finally died after 5 years of service gives me instant on the ground. I want a replacement. I do not want a multi functionality that offers good photos ... I want a dedicated printer -with 4x6 paper in it! - So you can print the occasional snapshot. The HP A646 is good, but hard to find as its no longer manufactured. I want to know which other printers are nice and provide with same but nice facilities.

Re: Finding a Recommendation for BEST Photo Printer

Canon graphics performance in the prior machines was poorer than other major manufacturers. This has improved with the S series and i-series, and especially with the new PIXMA products. In general, it seems easy to complete, reliable printer today. We like these new Canon printers, and think they are a great option.
    1. Try Avoiding the 2-cartridge Canon products as its cartridges are very tiny.
    2.Look for the 5-cartridge system on the basis of the CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges for text and excellent graphics printing.
    3. Look for the 6-cartridge system on the basis of the CLI-8 cartridges for excellent photo printing. It has got 4 and ½ stars.

Hi, I read your doubt. As per my knowledge I could help you with your doubt on buying a new printer. The choice of an HP printer depends on the cartridges not on the printer family, but. There are three cartridge system which HP is selling today: The cartridge are available within a number of Deskjet and Photosmart printers, the cartridges are available within a number of Business Inkjet printers, and the cartridges are available within a very few end photo machines.

HP Officejet Pro K550 -- This unit is superb if you need a workhorse printer. When the previous generation HP 2000 was tested , it ran above 13,000 pages without getting a page jam. In addition, the category of 10 and 11 cartridges are very big and easy to refill. Most printers are rated at 3,000 pages per month, but this one rates at 10,000 pages per month. This is the best printer to use if you are printing ample color or photo pieces, since the large individual color cartridges allow you to run the printer. I really like this one. But the price tag is a bit high if your printing needs are not heavy, It costs around $200…!

I suggest you to avoid low quality Xerox copiers as they use a Sharp-designed dual toner/developer system which is not easy to refill yourself. Printers like Brother and Canon are lot easy to use. Products of Samsung like Dell 1100 provide reasonable flexibility in the after-market. Brother and Canon products are easy to refill and work just fine. It depends on you which you want to buy but remember that the models that are explained on the showroom floor are heavily used. I suggest bringing your own paper to test and possible, you might even want to bring your own pages to print out. I hope I have provided you with the help that you did asked.