Thread: Printing from memory stick

Printing from memory stick

Hello friends, i am having one HP Photosmart 8050 printer. Few days ago I got new cartridges for my printer. i have some photos and images of my Goa trip saved in a memory stick. The printer is working fine after replacing the cartridges. But the problem is whenever I hook this memory stick or flash card into the printer, it reads 0 photos 0 images. But when I hook the same memory stick to the PC, it shows all the photos, images and files stored on it. Can anyone tell what the problem with the printer is. Any ideas how can I make it work.

Re: Printing from memory stick

you are able to view the contents of the memory stick from the PC because the files on the memory stick are very well recognized by the computer, but when you plug it to the printer it does not recognize any files. Make sure that all the image files and photos formats are well supported by the printer. Refer to the user’s guide that came with your printer when you purchased it. then by referring the guide check the image file formats and see if any of them matches. I think none of the files would match. This is the only reason, why your printer is not able read the files from memory stick

Here are the image formats that your printer should support. JPEG Baseline, TIFF 24-bit YCbCr uncompressed interleaved, TIFF 24-bit RGB uncompressed interleaved, TIFF 24-bit RGB packbits interleaved, TIFF 8-bit gray uncompressed/packbits, TIFF 8-bit palette color uncompressed/packbits, TIFF 1-bit uncompressed/packbits/1D Huffman. Apart from these file formats, if you have any other image format then it will not be recognized by the printer.

If your printer doesn’t recognize files stored in memory stick, then it is possible that it might have got corrupted. Copy the files to the PC and then transfer them to another memory stick. Hook it to the printer and see it the image files is recognized. Or you can also try by copying the images from the computer and then format the memory stick. After formatting, check it on the printer and see if your problem is solved. If you urgently want the prints then continue printing from the computer.