Thread: HP 2840 scanner is not recognized by the computer.

HP 2840 scanner is not recognized by the computer.

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and last week I have installed the windows vista on mine system. I am also using the HP 2840 printer. When I was having the windows 7 mine printer works fine without any issue but after upgrading to windows vista mine system was not scanning mine computer. I have tried lots of solution but none of them helped me. Can anyone suggest me how to solve this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. plase help me out from this.

Re: HP 2840 scanner is not recognized by the computer.

I think you need to update your driver and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow the below steps: First go to the start icon the desktop and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run program type devmgmt.msc and then hit the ok button. Now on the device manager go to the your driver and after that make right click on the printer driver and after that make hit on the update. Now once you finish the update and after that go through your issue. I hope this

I think you have issue on your router and so I would like to suggest you to configure your router and after that go through your issue. As you said you have upgraded the windows and therefore you have not setup the router perfectly and therefore your getting this issue. i would like to suggest you to check out your router configuration and after that go through your issue. I hope this will solve your scanning issue.

I have gone through this same issue and I have update mine HP printer and after that mine issue was get solved. To update this go through the below steps: first close the all application and after that make click on the start symbol on the desktop and after that make hit on the all program. Now on the all program select the HP. Now on the HP application make hit on the update and now once you finish the update and after that restart your system and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to update your all driver from the HP website and after that go through your issue. to do this first visit the HP official website and now on the website make click on the software and driver section. Now on the driver and software section type the model number of your printer and after that hit the download. Now once you finish this you will get the other page and under that type the operating system and after that download the driver and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you.