Thread: No Audio in .mkv file even if it is played through WD portable Hard Drive

No Audio in .mkv file even if it is played through WD portable Hard Drive

Hello everyone whenever I try to play a mkv file from the system and I get no audio from it the only thing I get is an error message and it is being described as dts audio code 8193. Now I tried playing this same file in the Samsung TV with the help of the WD portable Hard Drive and there also it gave me the same problem, no audio. Now I am really very much fed up of what should be done in such situation? Please I need your timely help.

Re: No Audio in .mkv file even if it is played through WD portable Hard Drive

See the solution is very much simple what you should do is go and install the codecs in the system that will solve the problem that you are facing right now. So I hope you have got the suggestion that I am trying to say here, the audio issue is with the absence of codec and hence in such condition it is better to install the codecs in the system and see what is the result. So do try it and let me know what is the outcome.

Hey thanks but that was a partially perfect solution because the installation of the codec did really work for the file in the system and not for the TV, the file is not at all giving any audio in the tv, so that’s what I have to say here. Thanks that the file is working perfectly well in the system but what about the TV, even I want audio in that as well. So what should I do what can be the problem here in my case, please do reply fast as you did for my above problem.

See there can be a possibility that the codecs will not work for the tv that you are using and hence do not worry much about the matter. Some tv’s do not work with the codecs installed and hence it is of no use playing video’s with no audio in it. So it would be better to leave off as it is. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here. Any other queries regarding the same topic then please do feel free to ask here.

Thanks for the help that you have given here I was really not aware of the fact that codecs will not work for the TV anyways there is a mixed response in the other forums and hence I think that it needs to be discussed very well. The reason I am saying that is because many of the people are of the conclusion that codecs do work for their system and hence these mixed reviews. Anyways thanks for all the help that you ahve given here.