Thread: HP Photosmart c2680 printer grayed out in printer properties

HP Photosmart c2680 printer grayed out in printer properties

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and I have recently got the Photosmart c2680 printer on mine system. Last night when I tried to print out my printer uses color ink when it is set to print in black and white? I had to replace the color cartridges even though only in black and white prints. Now I don’t what to do can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this and thanks in advance.

re: HP Photosmart c2680 printer grayed out in printer properties

You must do the following first select Print from the File it clicks. Decide whether to print documents, slides out full-page or any other option, using the previous pages as a guide. Then select the appropriate printer. You must be connected to a color when you want to print in color. Color printing is the default. If you want to print on the color then you will able to ignore the color button. To print in grayscale or pure black and white, click the Color button's drop-down arrow and make your choice. Then click on the Print button.

I have faced the same issue and this may be due to some problem of connection may be faulty USB port on your computer, printer or defective USB cable. This can also be the problem of printer driver issue, either damaged or lost. The problem may be related to hardware as well: whether the print head has failed, the ink delivery system has failed or that the printer has a defective sensor. I think this will help you to solve your issue.

I have gone through this same issue and after long searching I would like to suggest you to contact the manufacture where you bought the Photosmart c2680 printer and after that go through your issue. You can contact or call them and after they will give perfect solution towards your issue. If they didn’t help you then I would like to suggest you to contact the HP website and after that go through your issue. I hope this will definitely solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you to update your printer driver and so that you can solve your issue. To update driver manually I would like to suggest you the following steps: first close the all program and after that make hit on the start icon on the desktop and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run program type: devmgmt.msc and then hit the ok button. Now on the device manager go to your printer driver and after that make right click on that and then select the update driver. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.