Thread: CD/DVD rewritable drive not allowing restart

CD/DVD rewritable drive not allowing restart

Whenever I choose reboot as of the Apple menu then the whole thing starts to restart correctly (exits out of OSX as well as screens go plain) but after that the CD/DVD Rewritable Drive Unit clicks each few seconds and Mac not at all restarts. I ought to perform a hard restart through holding down the power button lying on the frontage of Mac. I have tried by switching cables as of "Top" to "bottom" by means of no benefit. The humorous thing is am up to choose Shut down as of the Apple Menu and it turns off devoid of any troubles.

Re: CD/DVD rewritable drive not allowing restart

There is possibility that the jumpers in your CD/DVD drive is not set correctly and that is the reason that you are facing this problem. All you have to do is that just confirm that the CD-ROM / DVD drive have the jumpers put correctly. We propose that you encompass the CD-ROM put as master lying on the secondary controller. This regulation as well applies to portable computers by means of detachable disc drives.

Some computers now have multiple drives, for example, a DVD drive and a CD / CD-RW. If your computer has multiple disk drives to consider one of the units off when trying to boot from the disc if you are having issues. With some IDE / ATA drives if the drive is connected as the first unit (the first cable connection) it can stop the boot drive correctly. If you have never been capable to boot as of a CD otherwise DVD by means of this computer checking to confirm that the drive is the primary drive on the cable.

The driver for the CD may be out dated and that is the reason that it is showing you this strange behavior. If you are using the outdated driver then search for the latest available driver and install that on your machine. I am not totally sure that this will resolve the problem for you but still there is chance that it will help you. Please reply back if that resolves the issue.