Thread: Maxtor 250gb hard drive is not turning on.

Maxtor 250gb hard drive is not turning on.

Hi friends I am using the DELL laptop and I am using windows 7 it. I have also bought Maxtor 250gb hard drive for my outdoor use. Basically I am a photographer and I normally use my hard drive to take the backup of all my assignments. One day I was uploading the photos on internet from my hard drive and suddenly I noticed that my hard drive gets very hot. I don’t know what is wrong but I am facing this problem for the first time and I don’t know what is wrong it.

Re: Maxtor 250gb hard drive is not turning on.

I have read your problem and first of all I want to know about how long you keep your hard drive connected with your laptop? And are you trying to upload the photos directly from your hard drive? If you are uploading directly then I suggest you to first copy all the photos on your laptop and then try to upload it on the internet. Because sometimes it gives all the loads to hard drive and that may be the reason for the heating the hard drive. So try this trick.

I normally use my hard drive for more than 7 to 8 hours. After reading your post I have tried to upload the photos after copying it in to the laptop but after trying this thing also I am facing the same problem again please help me what should I do solve this problem? If you have any idea then please help me to solve this problem. I am really worried about my hard drive. Is there any chance of having the problem with laptop mother board? Please reply me as soon as possible.

As you are saying that you are same problem even after uploading the photos from laptop and you have also asked about laptop mother board problem. If you want to check whether your laptop is OK or not then I think you can check it by connection the some other hard drive with your laptop. If after connecting the some other hard drive you are facing the same problem then I think you need to find the solution for your laptop only. So first check this and then let me know.

After reading your post I have connected another drive with my laptop and I have kept it connected for more than 7 hours and I didn’t find any problem with that hard drive. It means there is something wrong with my hard drive only. Please tell me now what should I do to fix my hard drive problem? If you have any suggestion regarding that then please let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

Ok if you are using the hard drive form very long time then I suggest you to change the case of your hard drive. I think it will make some difference. Otherwise if your hard drive is still in the warranty then I suggest you to just give your hard drive to the service center and let them check it. If they will find any problem then they will rectify it and they will give you back. But make sure before that you took all the backup of your data. I hope after doing that you will not face any problem with that.

After reading your reply I tried one extra case of the hard drive with my HDD and after that when I connect it with my system then also it was giving me same result. After trying that I gave my hard drive in its service center and after one week they returned my hard drive. And now all the things are working perfectly. I am not facing any issue with my hard drive. And it is connecting with my system easily. So thank you for your all the help and support. I really appreciate your help.