Thread: Unable to see the data of my external hdd on computer

Unable to see the data of my external hdd on computer

I am using HP computer and I normally use the SATA external drive with my computer and also with my PS3. But when day I was managing my data with my on PS3 and i don’t know what happen suddenly it stopped showing my contents on my PS3. After that I disconnect it form my pS3 and after some time when I connect it aging with my PS3 it is still not showing me anything in my HDD but when I checked the drive details at that time it is showing me that my HDD is have all the contents. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Please help me to solve this problem.

re: Unable to see the data of my external hdd on computer

I have referred you problem and I after analyzing you issue I suggest you to first check your hard drive with the computer also. Just connect it with your computer and check that in your computer it showing the contents or not? If you are able to see the contents then I think you should try to find the solution for your PS3 only. And if you are not able see the contents in computer also then please let me know. But first check your HDD with your computer.

After watching your post I connected my HDD with my computer and when I opened it in computer there also I am not able to see the contents. When tried to check it form Disk management there its showing me the exact free size of my HDD now please tell me what should I do to fix this problem? Because my hard drive has so much of important DATA and I don’t want to lose all those DATA. Please tell me what to do? If you have any idea about this then please reply me with your suggestion.

As you are saying that you are facing the same problem with your computer also then I think some part of your DATA is corrupted. To solve this problem I think you need to check the disk for and for the BAD sectors and if it detects any it will automatically fix those errors. According to me this will surly solve your issue and after that you will not find any problems with your HDD. Just try this solution and please let me know whether this solution solved your problem or not?

Thank you for helping me to solve this issue. But after reading your reply I have tried to check my HDD for bad sectors but I don’t know how to check the HDD for bad sectors as I have not done thing before. That is why I request you to please tell me the exact procedure for this. Please reply me as soon as possible. Because I don’t want to lose my DATA.

Ok if you don’t know how to scan the HDD for bad sectors then I will help you with it. For that you need to follow these steps.
    • First you need to go to my computer then right click on the HDD drive.
    • After doing that click on the properties and click on the tools TAB.
    • Now click on the check now button. There you will find the two options.
    • Select the both option and then click on ok.

After that it will start checking the HDD for bad sectors and it will almost solve you all the problems. I hope my information will be helpful for you.

Re: Unable to see the data of my external hdd on computer

I have tried so many tricks to solve this problem. Even I have scanned my hard drive twice in a day but after that also I was not able to see my data in my hard drive. After that I read your post and tried your trick also but at the start I was not sure about this solution but when I actually did bad sector scanning after that Immediately I found that all the problems are automatically solved by the system it self. Now I am able to see all the contents of my hard drive in my computer and on my PS3 also.