Thread: WD Studio II volume won't mount

WD Studio II volume won't mount

I have the 27" iMac with 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 which is running OS 10.6.6. I am making use of WD Studio II 1TB drive for the external back-up which is partitioned in three volumes. When I start iMac as of sleep then I saw that third volume was not into visible on desktop. Disk Utility and Drive Genius was not able to acquire the volume to mount. Drive Genius shows "Mount attempt failed for wd3". Please confirm file system, it might require to be renovated. Other two volumes lying on drive are working fine. Can you tell me that how can I get the volume to mount? Please help me.

Re: WD Studio II volume won't mount

You can try this and see if that works for you. There is Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery and that will be the most competent as well as absolute function which guarantee absolute recovery within the entire data loss situation. The software securely recovers misplaced data as of HFS, HFS+, HFSX, HFS Wrapper as well as FAT file system volumes. It is practical through Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard, 10.4 Tiger, as well as 10.3.9 Panther.

I don't know that if this is going to help you or not but the WD My Book Studio Edition II is the RAID unit and if any the drives be unsuccessful otherwise breakdown for a few cause then the complete unit will fail to mount. The breakdown was most likely accidental. You may need to contact Western Digital support through phone (they encompass toll free number) and make out if they be able to work by you to troubleshoot this. The unit may be within warranty period. They must also be capable to inform you how to obtain the data off the drive if probable. There is software accessible that be able to assist recuperate the data, if needed.

Have you tried with the repair permissions in Disk Utility? If that fails you might need to Disk Warrior. This happened to me once and only needs to be repaired by Disk Utility if you can or do not have got to rebuild through Disk Warrior in terms of how valuable files stored on it. I hope that this is going to help you. Please reply if this resolves the issue for you. Thank you!!!

My suggestion to you is to make use of the universal drive adapter instead of the external carrier. This is just the suggestion to you from my side. You can do what you fell will be better for you. But you can try it once and see if that resolves the issue for you. Please reply back if this doesn’t help you so that we can provide you some alternative solution for this. Good Luck.

You can use the following to connect to the driver.
    1. remove both the power cable and FW cable from the drive
    2. wait for the drive to spin down
    3. plug the power cable back in
    4. press the power button; you should see the light
    5. connect the FW cable