Thread: Sony DVD RW DW-Q120A is randomly ejecting

Sony DVD RW DW-Q120A is randomly ejecting

I have recently started facing this particular problem with my Sony DVD RW DW- Q120A drive in my Windows XP running computer. It has started ejecting randomly. This thing has started all of a sudden, out of nowhere. It is similar to, when we are prompted by a burning program. Does anyone have any idea, why my DVD is ejecting by itself every now and then? Please feel free to come forward and help me with your suggestion. Your suggestions were always appreciated by me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony DVD RW DW-Q120A is randomly ejecting

I would suggest you to uninstall the DVD ROM and then reinstall it. You can perform the task by following the below path:
    • Click on Start button > Control Panel > Device Manager
    • Double click the Device Manager and locate your DVD drive
    • Right click the DVD drive and uninstall the DVD drive
    • Reboot your computer.
    • After restarting your computer, the system will automatically recognize the new added hardware and will automatically install the drivers.

The problem can also be caused because of attacks from malicious germs, virus and Trojans. If you don’t have any antivirus then I would recommend you to download an antivirus from Internet and install it in your system. You can try any antivirus like the AVAST, AVG, Nod32 etc. And if you already have some antivirus then it is better if you always keep your antivirus updated, so that your system is always kept protect from virus attacks. Run the complete system scan and if detected any suspicious files containing viruses then get rid of it either by deleting it permanently from your system or shifting them to quarantine.

Problems with the installed drivers can also be the reason behind this unusual behavior of your DVD drive. So I would recommend you to install the latest available drivers for your Sony DVD RW DW-Q120A. You can search for the update on the official website of Sony. And if you find any for your respective drive then I would recommend you to download them in your system and install them. If possible also update the BIOS of your system.

You should perform System restore to restore your system to the date and time when you where not facing this problem with your DVD drive.
    1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
    2. Choose the restore point from the list of restore points to which you wish to rollback your system into.
    3. Click on Next button and let the system do the rest of its work.
    4. Restart the system when prompted.

Dude, according to me the DVD drive of your must have got corrupted or there is some internal hardware and connection problem in your laptop. That is why the DVD tray of your DVD drive is ejecting every now and then, without you even touching it. It will be better if you submit the CPU of your computer to some Computer store and get it repaired by their technical staff. This might also include either getting the SONY DVD drive repaired or completely replaced if the problem is big and irreparable.