Thread: eMachines t5224 is not detecting the USB drive

eMachines t5224 is not detecting the USB drive

Hi I am having eMachines t5224 and it is running Windows Vista Home Premium in it. It was working absolutely fine until 2 days back. Today after 2 days when I check my eMachine t5224, I was surprised to notice that it has started functioning weirdly. I am receiving this weird error message of “Found new hardware” and is pointing to some unknown USB devices. I am unable to understand what must have caused this problem to happen. Does anyone know the reason behind this? Please feel free to give me your suggestion.

Re: eMachines t5224 is not detecting the USB drive

Dude there is a very high chance that your system is under high virus, malicious germs or rootkits attack. You should install any Antivirus like AVAST, AVG, NOD32, etc in your system urgently and perform complete system scan. For better confirmation, I would suggest you to perform the scan twice or thrice if possible for you. It is known that viruses are responsible for corrupting the hardware files in your system thus ending up corrupt the whole file system.So it will be better if you start working on this problem. Make sure that you have made auto updates of Windows as well as your Antivirus ON. This will make sure that your system and Antivirus is always kept updates and you can get more protection from the outside virus attacks.

You should probably try to do Hard Reset. It is known that Hard Reset clears all the temporary settings, installed drivers and then reinstall them all automatically once the system is restarted. Follow these steps to perform Hard Reset in your eMachines.
    • Follow the normal shutdown process and switch off your system. If you are unable to shutdown the system then simply remove the plug or close the power supply to your system.
    • Now restart the computer by plugging the system back to power and starting the system by pressing on “POWER” button. Press F11 when it is prompted on the eMachines monitor screen to “Press F11 to Start Recovery”. Repeat the process of shutting down your system and pressing F11 until it is prompted to Start Recovery.
    • From the given list of options, select the “Full System Restore (with backup)” option. I am asking you to do this because this will save your current stored important files and data on the hard disk in C:\My Backup file.
    • Allow the system to perform the full course of Full System Restore. The process will take time as per the condition of your eMachine. Once the process is complete, the system will restart itself.
    • Reinstall all the applications which you wish to have in your system.

I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers of your eMachine system. Either use the drivers CD which you must be provided when you purchased your eMachine system or you can download the same drivers from Internet. I have found this link where you can download the drivers for your eMachine system. Just visit the following link: eMachines T5224 Drivers
    Follow the on screen instructions and install the latest available drivers for your system. Don’t forget to restart the system whenever prompted to do so.

Above given suggestions are few solutions that must probably work for you to get rid of your problem. If still you are unable to solve your issue then you have got only one option for solving it. You will have to reinstall the Windows Vista Operating System in your eMAchine T5224 system. Just Format all the drives, if you have any doubt that it might be possible that your other drives might be infected with virus or other things. Reinstallation is the final solution which can for sure solve your problem.

Hey dude, according to me there must be some hardware problem of your eMachines system. It might be possible that some hardware might have gone loose or might have stopped working due to certain failure or something like that. May be your USB ports have started malfunctioning. So I would suggest you to take your emachines system to nearby computer store and get it properly fixed by a good technical staff who has got pretty good knowledge of software as well as hardware.