Thread: Corsair AX850 850W Power Supply unit

Corsair AX850 850W Power Supply unit

the Corsair AX850 Power Supply unit.some of the best Power Supply units in the world is manufactured and designed by Corsair and has quickly become one of the computer hardware fanatic's favorite power supply unit brands. and the Corsair AX850 Power Supply unit stands up to the name gained by corsair products. it delivers outstanding equipment at a small price premium. i definitely want one. this is a brand where you get what you pay for.

Re: Corsair AX850 850W Power Supply unit

i have owned quite a few good ones. I owned a Seasonic X-750 Power Supply unit which had constant issues with . However, either Seasonic or Corsair did something right because, despite it was based on the revised Seasonic X-Series, as compared with the X-750 Power Supply unit the Corsair AX850 Power Supply unit if i put my ear to it there is still some high frequency noise.

the cables why do not any one pay attention over them, the spacing on the SATA cables is too much on the Corsair AX750 Power Supply unit when 4 sata plugs are all plugged in, there is very little length left to route them and a lot of wasted length arching from the hard drives. it is barely reachable to the power supply in the mid tower. and the even worse part are the optical cables there to the spacing is very bad and it seems they are oriented for top mounted power supplies.

the analysis must be cable based on the cables, they are the worst of their kind when it comes to the corsair ax series. they can be only used when the user has only one or two hard disk like normal gamers otherwise its just a waste of time to buy a bottom based power supply. the power cables have no extensions provided for bottom mounted power supply you only get the 4/8
    pin atx cable extensions for that purpose.

there is a diminishing returns at some point for Every performance metric. the users to decide Where that point exists is. How much more efficient do you want to be. How much faster do you want to go. How much closer to perfect do you want to be? Etc.it only works at the prescribed levels and for prescribed amount of time. a product can only thrive in the market if the application it provides are upto current standards or above that.

it has been 4 years and still counting my Corsair HX620 620W Power Supply has served me for. but as compared to Corsair Professional HX850 850W Power Supply or Corsair AX850 Power Supply the one i own is better. So i will think that anything as good as the Corsair HX620 620W Power Supply should be fine. I do realize that the Corsair HX620 620W Power Supply has been outclassed by many other power supply units on the current market, even power supply unit made by not so famous manufacturers such as thermaltake, Antec and OCZ etc .