Thread: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Scan is not working on Macbook Pro

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Scan is not working on Macbook Pro

I have installed the Macbook Pro (OS X 10.6) on mine system and I recently purchased HP Officejet 6500 Wireless and I have setup I t on mine system. Everything on the system works fine and I am able to print on the HP Officejet 6500 Wireless without any issue but while I am scanning Macbook crashes after starting the scan-preview. I have tried lots of time but I have got the same issue. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please can anyone help on this?

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Scan is not working on Macbook Pro

Hello, thank you very much for posting this query I have the same problem with my HP and am having the same configuration as specified. I searched about HP and followed the suggestions as given in the HP website. First I have uninstalled the all HP software and after that discarded favorite, repair disk and then reinstall the new software on the HP site. I have also update mine all HP printers through the software update and after that I have put the IP address manually for Macbook and it has been solved mine issue. I hope this will help you.

Hi thanks for responding and I would appreciate your suggestion. I tried all the solution given for the HP Officejet 6500 , but nothing worked for me. I found a discussion on HP's site suggests that computers have to be in the "Enable Scan to PC" for every time you turn on or awakened from sleep, but these things are not required on the Mac, as it happens automatically on the Mac Please share if anyone has any solution.

I would say just follow certain steps to get away from the problems they face. What you need to do is go to applications and then click HP Uninstaller. And then it must still click continue. After that just select the device you have in the left panel is present. Then once I was then only have to keep control and exclusion and followed by the CMD key and click Uninstall. This definitely going to solve the problem we are facing.

I would have to follow the same points that have been mentioned here in previous solutions, but I feel it is incomplete. But I would say that once you uninstall it, just click the pop-up will occur. After asking you if you know or not to uninstall and then just decide that. This will depend on HP software that is installed or not. Now, just carry on with the HP you have set up and require to be reinstalled. At this end now require to hit continue and permit finish. This is the entire procedure and I am certain this will definitely work out.

Hello friends I was having the same problem with my Macbook and was not able to scan and print with my HP Officejet 6500 in wireless mode. But after that I tried to find solution for the Internet, but even after losing so many times I have had no result. But after some day mine buddy suggested me to uninstall old drivers and after I downloaded the new drivers updated from the Internet and installed it on my laptop now I can use all functions without facing any problem. It also proves this.