Thread: Unable to scan with HP Photosmart C6180 in MAC

Unable to scan with HP Photosmart C6180 in MAC

I am using HP Photosmart C6180 and I have MACbook pro. Before I upgrade the Operating system of my MAC book pro. My HP Photosmart C6180 was working fine and I was not having any error with that but after that I upgrade the Operating system of my MACbook pro. After that I installed it drivers but now I am facing one problem with that some of features are not working that is not a problem for me, but major problem is I am not able to the document. Help me with this problem and please tell me how to solve this problem?

Re: Unable to scan with HP Photosmart C6180 in MAC

I have gone through your problem. As you have mentioned in your post that after upgrading the operat.or system you are not able to scan and also not able to use some other features of your HP Photosmart C6180. Before I give you any solution please tell me what other features you are not able to use. It will help me in finding me the exact reason of your problem. So please provide me all name of the features which you are unable to use.

As you have suggested that before upgrading my operating system I was able to use all the features but after doing up gradation I am not able to scan while using it in wireless but I am able to print and FAX, I am not able to locate the capture image is scanner and I am not getting the menu while adjusting the resolution because of that I am not able to adjust the resolution. These are the problem I am facing. Please tell me how to solve this problem. I am very frustrated because of these problems.

If you are facing these entire problems then it makes no sense to rectifying the things individually. According to me it is waste of time so I suggest you to first got to the System preferences and then select the printer and fax. After that select the minus sign a the down of the list after selecting the printer in question, after doing that click on the plus sign to add it again. Now search your printer in it. Once you get your printer ADD it. And after that restart your laptop. After that you will not find any difficulties with that.

Hi friends I was having similar kind of problem with my MACbook and I was not able to do scan and print with my HP Photosmart C6180 in wireless mode. But after that I tried to search solution for that on internet but even after wasting so many time I didn’t get any result. But one day my friend gave me suggestion to solve this problem. I just removed it old drivers and after that I downloaded the new updated drivers from internet and installed it in my laptop now I am able to use all the features without facing any problems. So you also try this.

He y after reading your posts I have try to re add the printer but even after the re-adding it I didn’t get any result for that. But after that I installed the latest drivers for my laptop from internet abd installed it in my laptop and now my MACbook pro and my HP Photosmart C6180 both are working absolutely fine. And now I am able to use all the functions of HP Photosmart C6180. So thank you so much for all the help and information you gave to me. I really appreciate your help.