Thread: HP Officejet J4680 Series Disconnected on windows 7.

HP Officejet J4680 Series Disconnected on windows 7.

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and I have installed the HP Officejet J4680 on mine system. I manually entered IP address, default gateway and I still see the state of "HP Officejet J4680 series disconnected." I turned off the printer and unplug the power cord and USB cable countless times with no change in the state. In addition, I have two separate computers using the same wireless printer, with each team that shows a different IP address. What should I enter IP address manually to the wireless printer? Can someone please offer some suggestions and so that I can connect the HP Officejet J4680.

Re: HP Officejet J4680 Series Disconnected on windows 7.

The IP address of the printer will be different from the IP addresses of their computers. Normally, the printer can be configured to use DHCP to obtain an IP address automatically from the router. If you are entering an IP address manually would have to be excluded from the range of DHCP. You could probably use an IP address over the numbers assigned to computers. This probably would work, but the "correct" would be to configure the router to ensure that no IP address assigned to another device. Once you have assigned an IP address to the printer to be able to access the printers built in web server setting the IP address in the browser.

I would suggest to uninstall it again before uninstalling the printer off, and once you think you have uninstalled the whole thing, home use, devices and printers as well as to highlight one of the printers, after that make a right click "Print Server Properties." And beneath that go to the Drivers tab, confirm that the driver is not there. If you find the driver then take away and start again the system, check once again that is not there in the print server is there Properties. If remove and restart the system. After to run the installation again and do not connect the printer until the software tells you to.

I followed each and every one of these steps. I first uninstall everything from the control panel, and after that I just downloaded, double click and extract the file. I downloaded the full package of HP up, and the whole thing looks good, despite the fact that adopting a series of time while the device is joined to reach their final discharge. At the same time, as it was setting, I get a fatal error sense and the whole thing off. Not sure if this is the reason I do not run the debugger properly or not, but apparently something is wrong.

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this followed the below steps:
    • Unplug the USB cable from the back of the computer's USB port
    • Just close the HP Digital Imaging Monitor in the system tray
    • After that select in the Windows icon and type services.msc search box and press Enter
    • Double click on the following services and STOP and START them. Also check if the startup type is set to Automatic.

HP CUE Device Discovery
    PML Driver
    hpqcxs08

Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Make sure you are installing the driver before connecting the printer. Then, connect the printer, is there a pop-up saying that the new device found and ready for use. If it is then your operating system has the correct driver for that printer. The message "Printer Status: Offline" comes next, chances are defective USB cable. Since the state of the printer is still off and turned on, it simply means that your operating system cannot detect the printer. Try changing the USB cable that connects the printer and the system.