Thread: Unable to find HP Solution Center for HP PhotoSmart c309 printer in Mac OS X 10.5.8

Unable to find HP Solution Center for HP PhotoSmart c309 printer in Mac OS X 10.5.8

Hello friends, I have recently bought an HP Photo smart c309 printer cum scanner, which I use on windows and Mac OS X 10.5.8. Printer is working properly with windows machine but giving some problem in Mac Os machine. I am using network for printing work. For windows I have HP solution center from where I can solve the error, but no solution center in for Mac Os. So my question is how can I get that for Mac OS? Please reply friends I am stuck somewhere. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to find HP Solution Center for HP PhotoSmart c309 printer in Mac OS X 10.5.8

Hello friend, don’t get worry. I have gone through to your problem and I am also using the HP printer on network with Mac OS. But fortunately it is not giving me any error. Well looking at your problem, as per my knowledge I can say that you will not find HP solution center, because it may already installed on your system, just check in your Hewlett Packard folder. If you don’t find it there, then you can check in Scan pro folder or device manager. Just check properly in above folder you will solve your problem on your own. All the Best!

Re: Unable to find HP Solution Center for HP PhotoSmart c309 printer in Mac OS X 10.5.8

Hello friend, the above solution is right. Mostly in every Mac OS third party software goes in that folder only. If you don’t find HP solution Center in the Device manage or Scan pro folder in Hewlett Packard folder then your printer is replacing current with older printer drivers. Just do one thing, uninstall the older version of printer if it is still there and then after removing from Mac Os again install the current HP drivers again. And then again check in the folder, you are getting solution center or not. I think this will solve your problem.

Hello friends, hey I have seen your problem, I also one solution for you. Check in the PhotoSmart guide and follow the step mentioned there. Or you can check in Mac’s System preferences, within that you will find Printers and Fax; there you can try with HP setup Assistance, HP PhotoSmart, HP utility and HP PhotoSmart Studio. This option will allow you change the default setting of the printer installed on Mac OS. So just try this hopefully it will work for you. Do me reply if this step help you to fix your problem. thanks you.

Hello, I have recently read an article on internet that you can change the print setting by doing changes in the Paper try and quality panel. This is available from the Print window, which allows you to specify several options for the print job. These options include below things.
    • Type of the paper loaded
    • Print quality i.e. best, normal or fast draft.
    • Color or grayscale printout

You can change this setting from paper type and quality panel from respective OS. All the Best!

Hey thanks man for the solution, but I would like to inform you that, the solution which you gave me in above post is for print setting, but my friend I am not able to install driver and scan the document. Anyway I wanted to inform that I have checked each and every related folder but I am not able to see any option for the HP solution center though I have removed previous printer files. I think I will have to log complain in HP itself, as my printer is in warranty and also I am not able to scan in windows OS also. But thanks you all for discussing such matter with me on this forum.

Unfortunately, I've been reading sum of these forums.. like HP scoreboard etc.. I began to realize that there have been more problems w/a lot of HP Printers of all types (my 2nd one). No matter what kind of computer you may have... APPLE or WINDOWS, it will be a never-ending problem. I had tried every way possible to figure out WHY SET-UP ASSISTANT IS UNABLE TO FIND PRINTER. I did so much uninstalling/reinstalling, taking out/putting back in USB plugs that it just became frustrating. I thought that buying an UPDATED PHOTO-SMART C309n-S would've been better... only became the same problem as my 1st printer.
    Here's a kicker... I called HP after my 'still' new HP PHOTO-SMART C309n-S printer decided to not work after sum APPLE UPDATES that is needed for the MACS. The HP rep had now said... SINCE MY WARRANTY JUST ENDED, THERE WILL BE CHARGES FOR ANY TYPE OF HELP & ASSISTANCE NOW. I said, ARE U SERIOUS?!! Before I started to rage, he then said... O.K., DEPENDS ON WHAT IT IS, I'LL SEE IF I CAN HELP.. IF I CAN'T THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY $20 a YEAR or month (i forgot i was trippin out!) FOR MORE ASSISTANCE. When I had told him the problem, he told me to buy a new USB cord... WTH!! I did buy a better USB cord and my PRINTER STILL CAN'T BE FOUND BY SET UP ASSISTANT. I would be SHOCKED if WE ever found a cure for this problem.
    Btw... It has nothing to do with Print Settings... Thanks! =)