Thread: Need help to upgrade Asus N73J notebook memory

Need help to upgrade Asus N73J notebook memory

I just bought an Asus N73J. I'm appearing to upgrade the memory accurate off the bat; however I am a novice as soon as it comes to hardware upgrading. According to Belarc Advisor, I include 4 memory slots (2 of which are presently busy by 2GB sticks). My Asus be able to handle up to 12 GB of memory. Do not presently pay money for 2 sticks of 4 GB for the remaining 2 slots for maximum memory, or have to be equal in size sticks (i.e. 4GB/4GB/4GB)? And is there whatever thing else I be supposed to know before upgrading?

Re: Need help to upgrade Asus N73J notebook memory

Hello according to me, Laptops hardly ever contain more than 2 memory slots, yours is no omission. In view of the fact that the largest obtainable stick is 4GB, you are restricted to 2x 4GB sticks in support of a max total of 8GB probable. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. If you still confuse d with this then try to find about this on internet otherwise contact to Asus. They will provide you a better explanation on your query. Thank you.

Well, at that moment I took a good laptop. The specifications clearly articulate 12 GB maximum memory. I'm pretty sure he also said there were only three slots, but Belarc Advisor says I have 4. I'll have to confirm that. But it absolutely has at least three that I have observe pictures of the position of every slot. Apparently, the third is a kind of PITA to get. It hides behind the battery or something. I'll have to find that article again as well.

Hello if this is the issue then you have to make contact with your tech support on top of that. I can't articulate no and after that you go out and pay money for ram not on their maintained list, your laptop receive a chuck and you blameworthiness me for losing your hold up. So make contact with them and perceive what superior print they chuck at you. You are able to post the reply here if you’re still doubtful and we can comprise a glance.

If this were my system, I would like to acquire 3 identical 4GB 1333 sticks, and simply replace them with action if they ever had to send the new product or take it in for warranty service. This is easy common sense nevertheless, since you are capable of find "replacement parts. It's pleasant to perceive laptops and offering solutions through the i7 triple channel. You are supposed to also have no difficulty with replacing the hard drive since that doesn't contain a "void if removed" seal resting on the caddy.

That's what I outline. Make out; as I said do not know much about the world of PC hardware or in general. I spend all my time in the mobile world. I contain a rooted Motorola droid 2 that’s OCed in the direction of 1.2GHz. And I know that if something goes wrong, you can just flash back to the stock market and guarantee. I've actually done it five times. I thought the same thing applies to laptops, but are much more complicated. And there is no guarantee any of those silly ring seals in the phone world (I've seen at least). Regarding the hard drive, it seems I have a place for a second. So do not even remove the first. I'll probably just buy a second identical.

It’s the G-Skill memory. I do not know if that's fancy stuff, but it was cheaper there. I have not the dimensions of the stand (do not think). I suppose I could remove one and another measure. Just look at the pictures of the stand N73JN however, makes me think the same thing. It is the connector slots. The screw holes line look more or less to evaluate my photos to the photos caddy N73JN Asus parts. The only obvious difference is the holes. Mine has holes, and it seems the caddy has N73JN.

Quote Originally Posted by Yitzchak909 View Post
    Hello according to me, Laptops hardly ever contain more than 2 memory slots, yours is no omission. In view of the fact that the largest obtainable stick is 4GB, you are restricted to 2x 4GB sticks in support of a max total of 8GB probable. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. If you still confuse d with this then try to find about this on internet otherwise contact to Asus. They will provide you a better explanation on your query. Thank you.
    Normally this guy would be right, but your machine does have 4 slots. 3 are accessible from the bottom, and one is under the keyboard. I upgraded my n73j to 14 gigs. I put 3 4gb sticks in and left the hard to get to slot with the 2gb in there. keep in mind that you need to run a 64 bit os to take advantage of anything over 3 gigs in most cases. I love mine. drive access was a bit slow, so i swapped for a ssd in the first hd bay. the boots completely into win 7 ultimate with a core i7 in less than 7 seconds.