Thread: circuit breaker trips pc while playing games

circuit breaker trips pc while playing games

I thought this is the superlative place to post this. Occasionally my circuit breaker trips at the same time as playing Crysis 2/Dragon Age 2. This does not always happen and sometimes I can play for a couple of hours without problems. However many times you have been triggered during the games, never, while on the desktop. I guess this is for the reason that the games are demanding and my 580gtx starts to pull a lot more power than simply on the desktop of my power supply. I'm trying to figure out why this is happening though.

ali Guest

Re: circuit breaker trips pc while playing games

Hello I am having similar kind of problem. I contain a 950W Corsair TX ups and an LCD Antec 27 "rated on 45W. With a number of napkin math this position me at about 10.2 amps below full load on the psu. It's a 15 amp breaker. In the circuit breaker I include a cable modem. No lights or additional things connected to the line that this switch is on. This only happens once in a while but I'm trying to figure out what is happening. I guess my question is, am I crazy for thinking this may be due to additional energy consumption as the 580 sucks up more power during those games?

This, plus you are able to include a bad connection everywhere that is adding to the circuit resistance, which in turn heats the wiring and circuit breaker more than normal. The switch also may be starting to fail; you can also make you travel below the nominal current. Do you know the size of the wires from the switch? If it is determined 12 or more (fewer) can be replaced with a 20A breaker. I hope now you are clear with your doubt thank you.

Yes, your computer is able to do a lot of AMPES, add in the cable modem, which are [CLOSE TO THE 15 AMPES] you have the wrong idea of how the switch, the 15 is the most you must reach before firing , i.e. they do not want anything near that. Therefore, it will fire for less! You should never design a circuit with a full load of the rupture of the mind, is supposed to leave at least a 5.4 amp replacement so as not to trip. Does not want to carry a lot / heat is on cable so it stops it from happening that's all. It does not mean that something is wrong.

Test it utilizes two strands of wires concerning 1/2 a meter long, connect one end on the way to a simple lamp holder and plug within a 100 watt bulb. Leave the additional ends bare through the copper wires uncovered. Go to the socket outlet. Among the socket during off position, open the openings through inserting a screwdriver hooked on earth which the one on the top hand surface. As soon as you observe the two small openings next to the bottom opened, insert one string of the test lamp’s wire within the live terminal which is the one resting on the right. Insert the further end on top of the additional terminal on the left. And after that, switch on the socket. If the circuit is appropriate, the bulb will light up. If not, the circuit breaker will trip.

I would recommend using P95 and Furmark (or similar, such as power supply OCCT test, which only runs simultaneously Furmark and Linx) and try to shoot the switch. This scenario is a test of maximum power consumption for your team, and becomes everything. If not fire immediately, then the problem lies elsewhere. When firing after a while, then maybe the wires are getting too hot and burn extra energy, as a poster suggested. Cables that are hot, of course, only occur in time.