Thread: Nvidia map to unlock SLI on Bulldozer platforms

Nvidia map to unlock SLI on Bulldozer platforms

For the initial time in history, Nvidia Corp. plans to facilitate operation of its multi-GPU SLI technology on AMD platforms. Possibly, the graphics chip stylish pins many expect onto AMD's next-gen Bulldozer family. For rather a few times Nvidia did not facilitate its multi-GPU SLI technology to exertion on AMD platforms and thus users of microprocessors by Advanced Micro Devices could just use ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU configurations. Anyone else have any idea or any suggestion this?

re: Nvidia map to unlock SLI on Bulldozer platforms

My i7 920 was a quite hopeless good bundled deal from Fry's while it was brand new - 500 for RAM/Mobo/CPU - Intel can have a few immense value to it, if you seem around. Although my CPU is a C0 and not a D0, I am at 3.2 GHz and steady it looks (necessitate to let a stress test run overnight, and lastly acquired a pair of Noctua fans for my TRUE. One time I have the novel fans, I could possibly keep pushing till I hit the limits of my RAM.)

If they did they would have sustained AMD chipsets the moment they killed their line. It actually wouldn't be creative to support a complete new chipset line and manufactures product except there is a quantifiable affect on sales. As the Phenom release AMD has not been an enthusiast’s performance platform. So anybody doing dual GPU is previously going toward Intel. Anybody doing double chip on AMD made that choice based on something except gaming performance, meaning they more than probable would have utilized AMD GPU's even if SLI was obtainable.

It’s quite much enclosed how it worked while Nvidia began "licensing" non-Nvidia chipsets/bridge-less boards for SLI. It's actually not a mystery. The seller pays a fee to confirm a board, and gets a chunk inserted to the BIOS that the drivers spot to unlock SLI in the drivers. If a non-Nvidia chipset/bridge-less board has SLI ability, the motherboard maker has paid Nvidia. It's not a lofty level deal that trickles down. You can comprise Intel not because it's been done on the Intel platform, but because Intel has its personal branded boards, a few with SLI compatibility. Though, Intel may not require paying the similar way as other vendors as it's a licensee of diverse other Nvidia tech, and had paid for that singly.

Not uttering you can't game on a Phenom. But seem at it from SLI/Xfire viewpoint. For the gaming environment it doesn't make a complete sense to perform dual chips on a CPU that normally is just center of the pack at default and is left at the back during overclocking. SLI isn't a funds gaming alternative and people that obtain them seem for super high resolution gaming, or future proofing. Those are not markets the Phenom or Phenom II is advertising in, Which simply means that users purchasing dual GPU's for Phenom's are purchasing them because they are AMD and not Intel that means even given the alternative most would buy AMD GPU's.