Thread: USB Infrared Driver not working in Windows XP system

USB Infrared Driver not working in Windows XP system

I have noticed that in my system the devices especially of the Nokia are not getting detected properly in it. So why is that so? However if the device do tend to get connected then it gives some problem with the connection, it will break down in middle and other sort of issue, what exactly is causing the issue, I have never thought of upgrading since windows xp is the best operating system that I have come across and I think it would remain the best. I think it has something to do with the driver and I hope you all would be the better persons in this situation to answer out my query.

Re: USB Infrared Driver not working in Windows XP system

According to me the problem is because of the device drivers and hence I think that might be the cause of the problem. So install the device driver in the system from the CD that you get from the owners and it will install all the required drivers for the system, so I hope you have got the point that I am trying to say here. Do go ahead with the installation of the drivers and I am sure that the necessary device will be getting detected in the system.

Just check if the ACTiSYS IR2000UL drivers are installed in your system or not, if they are being installed then you don’t need to worry because the device should be getting detected after a normal install of the drivers from the cd itself. In case if the ACTiSYS IR2000UL drivers are not being installed then you need to Reconfigure the default Windows XP driver, so here goes the steps for reconfiguring the windows xp driver
    1) Right clicking on My Computer will give you a list of options and then select the properties in it.
    2) Having done that go to the Hardware Device manager and then inside it you will be getting the infrared device section.
    3) Lots of tab will appear you have to select the Advanced Tab, now having done that you will have to change the Transciever type and bring it to 'Vishay 6101E'.
    4) After you have done all these steps then you have to restart the system.
    So I hope I am clear with the steps in case if you are not clear then do let me know about it.

Ok thanks for the help that you have given here, what if I need to re install the ACTiSYS IR2000UL drivers. So what should I do then? I totally understood your solution here but I need to know on how to carry on with the reinstallation, as of now I am not having any idea whether the required ACTiSYS IR2000UL drivers are present there in my system or not. So that’s why I am thinking why not go with the re installation of the drivers. So any specific steps for that or so.

Yes I have got the necessary steps for you. See for the re installation of the ACTiSYS IR2000UL drivers you have to perform the following steps that I am going to specify down.
    1) Right click on My Computer icon and then select the Properties.
    2) Select the Hardware device manager, now inside that you will find the infrared section.
    3) So what you have to do inside the infrared section is that go and find the ACTiSYS or Sigmatel devices and delete it from there.
    4) Having done that you will have to remove the infrared adapter from t he system. Now the rest all are the basic steps install all the drivers from the cd and then plug the device and again install the oem driver.
    5) Now having performed all these important steps you will have to make sure that Transciever type is set to 'Vishay 6101E'.
    So I hope you got the necessary steps do follow it.

Hey thanks guys for the necessary information, I just want to say that the procedure that I carried out was a total success and it really worked out for me, so thanks a ton for giving such useful steps for me, that really worked wonders for me. Now all the Nokia devices are getting detected properly in the system and I am able to transfer any files from the system to the device or vice versa. So thanks a lot for that.