Thread: Low sound level with Inspire 5.1 5200

Low sound level with Inspire 5.1 5200

Hi everyone, I have had my Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 for a while now and for the past couple of weeks I would turn the sound to the desired level with the volume control and after a few moments it will slowly fade away to a lower volume. If I turn it a little higher it suddenly comes back to low level. It seems to do this a lot and I was wondering if the remote could be damaged or if it is something else. If you have any suggestion that can help me to resolve the problem then please post that over here. Thank you!!!

Re: Low sound level with Inspire 5.1 5200

You should test your speakers with a different audio source such as a portable CD player. Replace the cable connected to your sound card, and connect it to the test source such as a portable CD player or portable MP3 player. See if this problem lies on the speaker otherwise sound card. Once you are sure that problem resides on which side then it will be easier for you to determine the solution for the problem.

I have tried it on a portable CD player and the results were the same. The sound started at the volume I set it at and then it start to fade away to nothing. If I changed the volume it came right back then started to fade again. I also tested each speaker individually and they work fine (didn't test the sub as I couldn't that well). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

This seems that the speakers that you are using is needed some service to fix the issue with that. You should not try anything from your side, just make a contact with the support team and they will guide you in the right direction to resolve the issue. Just click on this link and it will let you to the page where you will get the required information about the contact detail of the support. I wish it will resolve the issue for you.

I am using a Philips Sonic edge 5.1 sound card. This was combined with the Inspire 5.1 5200 speaker systems. Installed it and it has been problem free for over 2 years. Today, if I use stereo speaker mode, the right and left front work fine, none of the others work. If I switch to digital output, the left front works, the right front buzzes and sounds as though it was submerged in a bucket of water, and none of the other spears work. Now I have move the plugs around, and I can say that all the 5 individual speakers work in they are plugged into the left front, I get no sound out of the subwoofer, or the rear left right or center speakers. I'm long out of warranty. I have deleted the software for the sound card and re-installed it no help there.

I have a Creative Inspire 6600, and I am also having problems regarding the volume output of the speakers. While listening to music or playing games, the sound sometimes fades and then suddenly comes back after a while. It is as if the volume is shifting from low to high, which is quite annoying. I've already tried the speakers with a Soundblaster Live 5.1 as well as a*built-in soundcard, and also changed motherboards. Any solutions to this problem? Is there anything that I can do? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks