Thread: Unable to format RD1000 under windows XP

Unable to format RD1000 under windows XP

Hello guys. Stuck up somewhere. Help would be great. I am having RD1000 and I want it to work under windows XP. The drive is not getting formatted. It only lets me exfat file system and it displays me the information, saying that windows is not able to format. The self and the the led test are being performed well but the read and write test is not possible as there is no file system. The cartridges were probably at first used with a linux structure. What can be the issue? Thanks for the replies.

Re: Unable to format RD1000 under windows XP

Hey I have a similar issue like you. I have a Dell T610 with RD1000 running Windows Server 2003 R2 with initially 3 500gb cartridges. I had problem with one cartridge with message being displayed as Disk bad block. Thus I wasn’t able to use the cartridge. Quick format and regular format gave me no joy. . Low-level format, format to new technology file system from computer management, eject drive, re insert drive and drive displays bizarre partitions. What should I do so that I can use the drives? Thanks

Hey guys . Why don’t you people give a try to lock tab and then set it to unlock. It may help you'll out if luck permits you. If that does not work then there is one more option that I can suggest you'll. You can follow up power vault storage forum and then search for the query that you'll are looking for respectively . There you will get a detailed solution. I feel you'll were unaware about this forum, so it will surely guide you in a right direction.

These things do happen. I am making a guess that it may have happened when partition must have been removed on a removable disk of five hundred giga bytes. This happends because of a bug associated with windows XP. I have 2 solutions for you. You can partition and then format on a vista or any any other system. The other option is make use of a Linux partitioning CD such as gparted. You can look out for gparted on the internet.

Hi dude. I would like to tell you that drivers in RD 1000 are in a proprietary format. So, I would imply you that you should only make use of RD1000 if you need enormous amount of storage space. Else, I would say that it’s not wise to use it. The problem is that the drivers aren’t portable as one would think. Hence, making use of universal serial bus drivers would be better which aren’t costly and in the process allows large storage.

Hi. I would state you that you should install only the drive you desire to be the boot drive as master. Install windows XP. Then add the previous drive which has unique operating system as slave. Just duplicate the files and the data that you want to keep hold off to the C drive. Now, again give a try to formatting the previous drive. Make sure that accurate basic input output settings are enable and disabled