Thread: Replacing the old Dell A525 speakers

Replacing the old Dell A525 speakers

I have the Dell A525 speaker system but that had become very old and hence that is the reason why I am looking out for these new speakers. The speaker wire went out on me, I wanted to know if anyone that had the system was able to buy speakers that had the same vga connection as the Dell ones or if there is any way I can fix the cord.So can anyone tell me the reason for this and also provide me with some kind of solution.

Re: Replacing the old Dell A525 speakers

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would this is something that is really interesting. But one thing is for sure and that is you are not using a VGA connection for your speakers. However there are plenty of 2.1 speakers on the market and I guess that you can go with any of these which will work with any computer. My suggestion would be to shop locally so you can listen to them.So this is what I feel that you should go ahead with.

Yes even I do feel that this is the thing that you need to do to fix the problem that you are facing.I do feel that there are seriously many options that you can go ahead with .Also I think that the system that you have enables you to buy speakers that had the same VGA connection as the Dell ones or if there is any way I can fix the cord.So this is what I feel and you should go ahead with the speakers that you like without any hesitation.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given. I would say that this is something that I was looking out for and I do feel that 2.1 speakers on the market and I guess that you can go with any of these which will work with any computer. So now I am planning to go ahead with these and suppose that they will be of great use to me.But still if there are any other options then do get back to me as they will be of real help to me.

I think that the speaker systems are in the throwaway computer parts department and hence the wont be of any use to you at all. Even if you could get them fixed it would cost more than what they sold for. So there is no point in repairing it and hence the best option would be to go ahead with the new speakers. Also I would say that the internal connections are proprietary and only another exact speaker would work.This is what I feel and this is the way you need to go ahead with this.

Yes even I know that there is no point in just repairing these speakers and then using it.Rather I would go for a new one itself as they would be more useful to me.Also if you check monitory wise then again going for the new speakers looks more wise that the other options.So I would immediately go for the 2.1 speakers on the market and I guess that you can go with any of these which will work with any computer.So I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me as they were really handy.