Thread: World of Warcraft Headset sound breaking on Macbook pro

World of Warcraft Headset sound breaking on Macbook pro

I've noticed on my Macbook Pro that when I'm using the headset the sound will break when a system sound plays (or any other sound, for that matter). For instance, if I'm listening to a movie or music and hit the volume up or down keys (either on the headset or the keyboard), the sound will "break" for a split second and the volume change sound will play. This also happens when using Adium (IM application) - as users log in and out, the sound will "break" each time just before the sounds play. It's just a minor annoyance at this point, I just felt I'd point it out and see if anyone else had noticed this.

Re: World of Warcraft Headset sound breaking on Macbook pro

I'm also on a Mac (same basic setup as the previous poster) and I noticed an error message during the driver installation. I do have an issue that is driving me crazy (deal breaker IMO): When I use push to talk with ventrilo, I have to hold down the push to talk key for one or two full seconds after I finish talking or else it cuts me off in the actual transmission. It is almost like there is a lag in the mic activating or something that is causing it (a very significant lag), although it seems to cut me off at the end rather than at the beginning. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Never had this problem with my old cheap-o USB mic/headset and it is driving me crazy, to the point of wanting to return it.

Not only did I get that error when installing but after a reboot the following day I can't get the microphone to work at all with ventrilo. Sounds like app dev didn't do a very good job testing this. Hopefully a patch will be out soon. Interestingly enough I am also on a Macbook Pro (latest version, 17"). Got it working, after yet another reboot, though the voicefx seem a bit crackled? Also, like another poster here, it's cutting off the last second of what I'm saying once.

Well it isn't like some function area of the product is broken, like some audio processing voice effect feature or whatever. The name of the product is World of Warcraft Wireless Headset. It is clearly stated that is supports the Mac OS platform. What is the first thing a typical mac-based buyer of this headset going to do after opening the box? Please share your ideas and view on this query. I am waiting for your replies. Thank you.

There’s been a new driver release for the wireless headset which fixes the issues, when can we expect a similar release for the wired headset to fix the same issues. I was expecting one but it seems all the promises just concern the wireless one and the wired one has been forgotten about. I've had the headset two months now and still no mac drivers that actually work and this from a box with a mac logo on the side. I can guarantee you now I will never spend another penny on creative products that claim to support the mac, its total BS shipping a product with completely untested drivers, totally unprofessional.