Thread: X-Fi Platinum Volume starts at 6th level

X-Fi Platinum Volume starts at 6th level

I installed the PCI sound card Xtremegamer SoundBlaster and I got the latest drivers for Vista x64. It all sounds great except for one annoyance that kind of irritating. My sound doesn't start till I hit 6. For example, when you turn up our sound in Windows it goes from 0-100. I hear nothing at 1,2,3,4, or 5. I don’t get ANY sound till I hit 6. I know it is the drivers. So I’m wondering if there is a workaround or an update. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Re: X-Fi Platinum Volume starts at 6th level

I'm trying to make creative through support to lower the volume of their cards by driver since one year and no go. I'm getting distortion/overdrive of left channel over 70% master volume on official driver and like 80% on moded driver I even RMA my card they send me a new card with the same problem so it’s not card but driver itself lowering EQ by -4db cures the problem or lowering master volume and I was thinking why master volume is not @ 100% after driver installation. I have tested like 10 different X-fi i and all cards has this distortion/overdrive problem though not many of their owner was aware of it because is mainly audible in Vista/W7 sound panel when testing speakers and in all cases lowering EQ by -4db or lowering master volume cures the problem. I ask why Creative U is so dumb to maximize volume output by the cost of sound quality I just can't get it.

X-Fi Platinum, same problem, is annoying as you'd expect much finer control over volume on such pricey sound cards. Realtek onboard sound has no such problems with anything like Creative does. Only reason I stick with Creative is I like the Crystallizer and a few other features when they work. However, onboard sound has gotten close in quality, and if Creative wants to sell cards they need to step up their game.

Creative is just mimicking the classic routine of big companies not caring about their customers wants or needs. Dell, Wal-Mart, Microsoft and Asus are just a couple of other examples of big companies with not good customer service. I swear, the prideful attitude of big corporations is foolish and pathetic. You got big from people buying your products, Creative. I went back to my motherboard realtek drivers. My music doesn't sound as good but at least I can HEAR SOMETHING at volume level 1. I spent 80.00 on a card that doesn't work properly and you don’t even attempt to fix it.

I have the same problem with Windows 7. Volume only works over 4%! Nothing helped! I installed different drivers, from Daniel or the Pax Driver for my Xtreme Gamer PCI Card. I used Driver Sweeper to clean my system from old drivers - not works. I reinstall my system, new Windows 7 install - not works.
    I tried to fix it with the system sound panel - not works! Anybody have a solution for this problem? I like the sound card, but the drivers from Creative are poor.