Thread: HS 950 Sound distortion

HS 950 Sound distortion

I’ve been having this trouble for a while now and it seems to be a windows 7 trouble. After the headset is plugged in for a while the sound goes crazy and everything sounds really badly distorted and I can’t hear a thing, it also effects the mic because people on team speak hear it too when i talk. This doesn’t happen on my XP machine only on my Windows 7 one, the one I play all my games on. If I plug the usb out and back in it works again for a while but if I’m in game I need to exit and reload the game for the sound to come back on in game, same with teamspeak. Im now using a brand new 950 because I rma'ed the other one because I thought it was a headset problem. It took 3 months to send it back to me but that’s a different story. I have the most recent drivers for the 950 so I have no idea what’s wrong.

Re: HS 950 Sound distortion

Hey, i am having the EXACT same problem with the Hs 950 gaming headset. I’m using windows 7 as well, haven’t tried and see if it doesn't happen on windows xp, but we are having the exact same problem so I’m sure it wouldn't happen on xp. After being plugged in for about 4hours+ ( i think ) it bugs out and start changing pitch , first falling to a very low pitch and then when it can’t get any lower it goes to a really high pitch and starts falling again. I have posted here earlier but it seems like this is a very inactive forum, i only got 9 views on my post till now and 0 replies. Trying to find some more active forum to post on.

I found a fix. Can anyone test it? Remove all drivers so that the driver you use is dated 23/08/2010
    Version 6.1.7600.16385 driver provider Microsoft (this is the default windows driver) easy way to do is via device manager and just right click the headset and select uninstall and use option to delete drivers. Then go to the properties (in sound in control panel)
    enhancments (tab)
    Enhancements disable all
    Playback (tab) then in advanced i set 24 bit 48000. i have all windows updates on windows 7 before (and not including) service pack 1 and for 3 weeks solid with these settings i have not had this issue! i am not sure which options are the ones fixing it but i can tell you if i update to the creative driver (advised by windows update) the problem comes back in hours. Please test and reply.

It happened again and now windows say the headset is called (4- creative usb headset). So far from what I’ve seen, I install a creative driver then I get the distortion thing, then I plug it out and windows installs a new driver called either 4- creative usb headset or 7- creative usb headset. Then it repeats itself. I’ve tried multiple different drivers and it has done nothing. Now I can’t install any drivers and I can’t uninstall the drivers that are installed at the moment either. I uninstall them then it asks me to restart the computer and they are there again. I have no way to install a different set of drivers now. I want rid of this god.