Thread: How much have you spent on hardware so far?

How much have you spent on hardware so far?

I decided to try some of the less frequently used features on my PC, as the calculator and ended up with a bill for what I bought since I have the approx amount, (September 2009). This is only my exploration, orders from Amazon and a few other larger items from other places like EBUYER, OCUK and I remember buying them, but I did a check for the full story as I did with Scan and Amazon. I also bought a lot of little things on eBay, 7 days a shop and many other online stores through this period of 2 years. So far I'm £ 5.210 and that's not counting the 32 "Sony Bravia that sometime use as my screen.

Re: How much have you spent on hardware so far?

I have almost spent 90 thousand to 1 lac INR till date. I took my new computer on my Birthday 27th of August 2009. Then I took an Acer 6930 laptop from Amazon for myself. I'm far from being well off by any stretch of the imagination and has become a bit of a shock that I have spent so much mainly because everything other than new construction brings me only a fraction of what you paid for it. I have to spend much money on hardware and shiny new goodies?

Cannot find receipts bothered, but probably around € 4000, and that's not even with the construction of a new computer! My team is 2 ½ years old i7. There's simply nothing worth the update immediately. I replaced my Graphic Card GTX 460 with a new Graphic Card GTX590. A new Samsung Sync master XL30 Monitor. I also had to replace my motherboard an upgraded my RAM from 2 GB to 2*2 GB.

This is an Interesting thread. I'm not sure I can remember back two years TBH, but I can point out what I paid since the launch of i5 (February 2010). Unfortunately for me I have a girlfriend who "loves" to your PC.
    Corsair TX850 PSU
    AMD Phenom2 560
    Spin point F3 1 TB
    ATI 5850 XXX Edition
    Core i5 750
    Corsair H50 Cooler
    Gigabyte P55-UD3R
    Intel 2500k
    Spinpoint F3 HD
    Asus P8P67 Motherboard
    Antec P183
    Vertex 2E 120 gig
    ANOTHER 5850 XXX Edition
    Single slot ATI 5770
    Be Queit 530 PSU
    x2 Dell ST2410 monitors

I have a worksheet that details everything I've bought computer know which dates from 2007. I could not find the receipts before that, but there was a significant amount goes back up to around 1994 / 5. I think my exploration, Overclocking and Dabs account pages dating back to around 2000 or so. There are still quite a few recent items that were added, but so far amounts to £ 7,214.87 since 2007. I hope the new elements would be needed for around £ 7.5k or so. This excludes items purchased by other people is based on that I was paid by the parties. I will not list all 208 line items here to be brief. From 05/03/2010, excluding materials purchased in January and February this year (I have yet to update it), which amounts to £ 1752.21.

Last year, about $ 2100-2300 total. Almost exactly a year ago I put together my current computer I ran around $ 500 initially. Then he dropped another $ 250 for Win7 and a 60GB SSD to go to it a month later (May). This winter my wife got me a 24 "LCD View sonic LED of about $ 130. Then around January I started buying components for my file server over a 2TB drive for my PC. That was other about $ 400 since then (generation is almost complete, but may need another copy of Win7 to run on XP file server still gives me problems and I'm pretty sure it's XP, not the machine). Besides there I also bought a network of cheap inkjet printer. That does not include approximately another $ 150 or so spent in the thread of half my house with Cat5e and a GbE switch. I'm done spending enough money for a long time now, except maybe a copy of Win7 to the file server. I want to build a new machine (buyer’s remorse, or maybe just envy SB). I'm probably going to wait another year though. Use a bit of performance the next fiscal year to build a machine of Ivy Bridge, or SB-E (or IB-E?). Probable budget of around $ 1000-1500 next time. This is assuming that the pending license probably will not happen or that they pay us back the license (high anxiety would be an understatement).

I think till now around 3000$ average amount I am talking about. Before the $ 2000-2100 my show last year had not spent anything on things related to information technology in oh about 6 years, and it was for an Nvidia GeForce 4 used outside of eBay to go to an old AMD machine was at least 2 or 3 years older than that. I have lived almost in hand-me-low until my P4 2.53 more or less gave up the ghost and I decided to re interested in computers again. I used to be a great IT nerd back in the late 90's to early 2000, then moved away from her a lot (though I work on it) and have now reached the bug bit again.