Thread: Need a driver for benq monitor

Need a driver for benq monitor

Yes guys I am looking for a good driver for the benq monitor that I had purchased recently. I purchased it has a second monitor and I am unable to find a suitable driver for it anywhere online. So why is that I cannot find any driver for my monitor. My cpu has two dvi outputs and also 2 hdmi outputs. The old monitor is being placed at the top of the dvi port while the new monitor is being placed at the bottom dvi port. So these are some of the basic things that I have explained you about my system. So tell me guys any help that you would like to give it to me.

Re: Need a driver for benq monitor

See let me tell you frankly that there are some of the things that do not come with the extra drivers. So you will have to deal with that. In case if you need to change the screen resolution of the monitor then right click on the desktop will allow you to do the process, also in order to adjust the display settings you will have to make use of the Catalyst Control Centre that is present there in the system. So do some changes that I have given you here and I am sure it will be helpful for you.

From the case that you had described above you have said that have connected the new monitor in the bottom of the dvi port and while you have connected the old monitor in the top of the dvi slot. So basically what you will have to do is swap the connectors around. The reason I am saying this is because the top dvi port has the capacity of sending a VGA/analogue signal. So this might explain you why your monitor is not detected by the windows. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.

Yes I did try with the method that you have specified above but sorry to say now the new monitor is working but the old one isn’t. I tried working on both the control panels and it did not work. Well the thing is that my both the monitors do not have the direct dvi connection I need to have a VGA to DVI lead so that I can connect it to the dvi slot. So tell me what should I do In this situation? Should I go and replace this monitor which has a direct dvi connection. Send in your responses.

Yes that must be a good option considering the situation In which you are in. I think that would be the suitable option. One more point that I would like to specify to you is that its not the system it’s the graphic card that detects the monitor and also there is no specific driver for the monitor. So do not worry much about finding the drivers. So that’s what I have to say here and I hope you are clear with all the doubts.

Hey guys glad to tell that the monitors are indeed working very well here. So thanks a lot for all the help that you have suggested here and it has really helped me a lot. So all credit goes to you guys for helping me with the subject. I was thinking that every monitor must be having the necessary driver for it and hence it will be functioning well but may be i was wrong somewhere. Anyways you all rectified my mistake and all thanks to you all for helping me out.