Thread: Windows 7: Crackling Sound from Sound Blaster 5.1 VX card

Windows 7: Crackling Sound from Sound Blaster 5.1 VX card

I have installed the windows 7 one mine new system. I have bought this system recently and I have no issue on mine system. A 2 days before I have bought the New Sound Blaster 5.1 VX card and I have installed it on mine system. But now I have small issue on mine system. When I was work with New Sound Blaster 5.1 VX card constantly makes crackling sound while in windows and extra audio is not live besides regular windows sounds and after that when I set to maximum volume but I get the low volume. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue, can anyone solve this issue and so that I can solve mine issue?

Re: Windows 7: Crackling Sound from Sound Blaster 5.1 VX card

I recently purchased the laptop with an integrated sound card i.e. Realtek AC97 Audio. From day one I've been getting a lot of hissing / crackling on the line. Not as bad on the speakers, but pretty annoying on headphones. To give you an idea of their sound, as an electrical buzzing sound Comes through the speakers / headphones when no music or play at low volume. I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this.

I would like to suggest you to update your drivers and so that you can solve your issue. You get this issue due to the old driver. So therefore I would like to suggest you to install the new driver updates and before that remove the old drivers. Make sure that you have connected securely and I hope you have check out your connection like speaker cable, power cable etc. I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and i have tried to find out the suggestion in the threads but I didn’t got anything. After long searching I have found, whenever we installing any software we need to uninstall or remove the earlier version. So I would like to suggest you to uninstall the all other audio cards and after that make try to install the Sound Blaster 5.1 VX card and after that go through your issue. And also verify your device status and the mixer settings. I think this will help you to solve your crisis.

I would like to suggest you the following things and after that go through your issue. To do this make hit on the start and after that go to the setting. Now under the setting go to the control panel and after that make select on the Sounds and Audio Devices. Now under the Sounds and Audio Devices go to the advance button and after that go to the speaker setting. Now under that select Performance button and after that adjust Hardware acceleration slider to a preferred height.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the codec’s, since the message I tried removing the card and allows the onboard audio of my mother and it worked fine. I've also tried putting the card in another PC and worked very well for. All that changed in the PC before I had the problem was that attaches another SATA drive, the team had a faulty power supply and had to copy some files from it. The PC found the drive and I copied the files then disconnects. Can anyone suggest on this.