Thread: Is there a cable extender to connect Xonar DS to the front panel audio header?

Is there a cable extender to connect Xonar DS to the front panel audio header?

I recently got a new headset that has the normal pink and green microphone and the headphone connectors. Now as I use a 5.1 sound system I do not have any ports that are available on the rear of the audio card. So my question is that Is there a cable extender to connect Xonar DS to the front panel audio header? If this is possible then I can connect my handset to the front of the case. If yes then do get back to me immediately.

Re: Is there a cable extender to connect Xonar DS to the front panel audio header?

I would first of all thank you for the Asus Xonar that you have got. Now coming back to the question that you have put up I would tell you that you can actually just connect the front panel with your headphone. And then once you do that you can choose the front panel mode which will take you to the front panel mode in your Xonar Audio Center. Also remember that the output can be put on to the front panel from back panel after plugging in with the help of auto-detect front-panel.

Re: Is there a cable extender to connect Xonar DS to the front panel audio header?

I just had a look at the question and would like to tell you that even I have a similar kind of problem with me. I would tell you that I have a Striker Extreme motherboard with me and now I possess a Xonar DS Sound Card. Also I have a card which is wired to the Front Panel and is onboard. I certainly felt that this is the way to go to solve this issue. I don’t know that such thing is mentioned in either the SE motherboard user guide or the Xonar user guide. But this is for sure that it will work for you.

While looking at the question that has been put up I would tell you that I have one more question in my mind. And that question is that why don't the front panel switch off after you remove the headphones? Does it make any difference or the situation is the same. Also is the auto-detect fully supported or does it only work once when you plug in a device? Please reply to this question and once you answer this then things will be a lot clear.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided. I just went through the solutions that you have provided and would tell you that I felt really confident. I haven’t worked on them yet but I am sure that once I use those solutions then I will be able to solve the queries that I am facing. I would like to thank you all for the solutions and the suggestions that you have provided and appreciate you for the time that you spent over this issue.