Thread: Hitachi Deskstar 2TB internal drive is not formatting after 54%

Hitachi Deskstar 2TB internal drive is not formatting after 54%

Hello, I just wanted some help, I am having windows vista and Hitachi Deskstar 2TB internal drive, I am having some memory issue that’s why I tried to format that drive before 2weeks. Since from last 2 weeks I am stuck with some problem that I am not able to format that drive. The time when I start formatting, it goes on till 54% after 54% it automatically gets stop. Can anyone help me please I am waiting for reply thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Hitachi Deskstar 2TB internal drive is not formatting after 54%

Hi, well looking at your problem I would like to suggest you that you must try to quick format that drive from Command prompt. I think this will work for you; it seems like that your motherboard is not supporting this. Are you sure there's no issue with your HDD, did you try to format it on other system, just do one this firstly try to format that drive from other system, I think it will work, if it dosen’t work for you then lastly try to update your BIOS, this must work…all the best do reply what happens.

I have also suffered from this, this is the very rare issue, Hey if above idea does not work for you then try to download EASEUS Master Software specifically Home edition because it is available in various versions. You can get this software from the official website of manufacturer of the product; this software will help you to format that drive, software itself will show you the way of formatting, I think this will resolve your problem in hardly 5 minutes. Let’s hope for the best and try it, it will work.

Hey thanks a lot friends, using your great idea and suggestion I got through this. Finally I got the idea and solved the problem I updated my Motherboard which is of Asus P5 series and I used NVIDIA NFORCE drives and also I updated BIOS settings and NVIDIA NFORCE drives, I want to suggest you all that it is very necessary to update Motherboard and BIOS setting without this you won’t be able to get through this, once you did this you will be able to format the drive, I am very thankful of you all, without you all it was not possible