Thread: Not able to update firmware for Samsung HD204UI.

Not able to update firmware for Samsung HD204UI.

anyone is here to help me out, I recently took a 1tb Samsung HD204UI.i am not able to use it, so can anyone help me make it bootable CD or USB drive to update firmware. When I visit the official web site it always suggests me to make bootable CD or USB from their website’s exe files. I tried to do from Samsung’s website but I am not able to make it bootable. I have already wasted a lot of time in doing different steps to get through it but I am not able to get it. I need help as early as possible, help is highly appreciated.

Re: Not able to update firmware for Samsung HD204UI.

Well looking at your problem I would like to suggest that why don’t you try from another website, there are many other websites except Samsung, they have many .exe files on website, which would help to make bootable CD or USB, then you just have to burn it in any regular software, this might will help you to come out of this. If still it doesn’t work for you then try any Samsung CD and Burn it using any software, it will allow you to make it bootable. Check whether it is working or not. Hope to see your problem gets solved.

I have seen your earlier posts, according to me it won’t work, as per my suggestion there is no need to burn CD. Just try to create the bootable USB flash drive, then unzip the file content from your USB drive to root directory of your System, after that restart from the USB drive, the go to command prompt and type FAEG, BTW and don’t forget that BIOS must be reconfigured temporarily to IDE mode not to SATA mode, cause it may create the problem again. All the best I think your problem going to solve.

Hey thanks a lot to all, because as per your suggestion I worked on it and finally I got through it. After trying again and again I got the idea that how to do it you just have to follow some important conditions which are as follows.

-All USB flash drives must be removed.
    -except the Samsung no other Hard Drive should connected.
    -The Samsung drive must connected onto SATA1 port.
    - This is the important one that the SATA configuration must be set onto Compatible mode in BIOS settings.