Thread: Want to connect a 2.5 SATA disk to a Desktop PC internally

Want to connect a 2.5 SATA disk to a Desktop PC internally

Hey friends I need your help here. Actually I want to connect my a 2.5" SATA disk to a Desktop PC from inside. And one thing more here which I want to clear for you is that I want to attach it from internally not through USB. Since 2.5" SATA hard disk make use of 5V unlike 3.5" hard disk make use of 12V, is it ok to attach a 2.5" SATA Disk to a Desktop PC's power making use of a Molex to SATA power connector? And I am concern about the same because it has 12V cable. So please help me on the same if you any suggestion on the same.

re: Want to connect a 2.5 SATA disk to a Desktop PC internally

Here after searching a lot about the same I have come to know that The PSU will not push down more amperes than the device which is actually connected to it, but hooking up 12V power to somewhat that is designed for the 5V according to me I think which is NOT a good idea. So for the same you are able to try to plug- in your 120V TV into a 220V dryer socket and after the same observes that what output you get there. And I am sure because of the same reason that they are making the plugs of a different shape. So about this matter I will suggest you that you just talk to the manufacturer. But yeah I am not sure whether this will work in your case or not.

Hey friend I just want to thank you for your quick reply. But here I will request you that
    Could you please check out the following & help me to decode this? I am saying like this that I am still not able to get any proper solution for my query actually after reading your solution I am not able to get any proper solution about the same. I hope that many of us will get benefit from this discussion & I really appreciate for you contributions.

I have also an issue about the hard disk actually here I want to know that how am I able to connect SATA HDD in a non SATA Motherboard. Recently I am making use of the D845GLAD Motherboard which is of the intel brand. And recently my system is running on to the windows windows xp. And I want to buy a new sata hard drive. At the present I do not have any sata ports. After searching a lot on to the net, I am able to get that there are two choices through which I am able to connect my hard disk to motherboard.
    1. SATA TO IDE Adapter.
    2. SATA PCI Card.
    I want to be acquainted with which one of these is quicker, and which one is able to give me the full performance speed from the sata drive, as in 100MB/s sata or 200MB/s sata. Please help me on this as soon as it is possible for you guys.

I have read the issue which you have given over here and regarding the same I have also one solution and for that you have one sata card so you just purchase that and after the same you insert it in the PCI slot. After completing this you just attach your new Sata HDD to the same and you will get solution for your query. So this what I have idea about the same and I am sure that this will going to help you in order to get rid from this issue.

Re: Want to connect a 2.5 SATA disk to a Desktop PC internally

Windows device drivers that are often labeled as SATA running in IDE emulation mode unless they explicitly state that they are AHCI mode, RAID mode, or as provided by a proprietary driver and the command set was designed to allow access to advanced features of SATA AHCI soon became popular. Modern versions of Microsoft Windows, FreeBSD, Linux with 2.6.19 onwards [6] as well as Solaris and OpenSolaris include support for AHCI, but older operating systems like Windows XP do not. Even in those cases, an owner driver may have been created by a specific set of chips such as Intel.