Thread: Asus Xonar D2 Sound crackling when changing volume

Asus Xonar D2 Sound crackling when changing volume

I had been using Windows XP SP3 installed on my AMD Athlon 3200 system which was running perfectly. Recently I bought a new Asus Xonar D2 PCI sound card for me after installing it on my system it worked fine for some time. But currently while adjusting the volume with some applications programs like media player, winamp etc. it gave me some problem. The problem is whenever I try to adjust the volume I get crackling sound from it. is there any solution for this problem to avoid crackling of sound?

Re: Asus Xonar D2 Sound crackling when changing volume

If you experience the above problem associated with you sound card or the sound you would need to reinstall the drivers for it. Before that you first need to delete the file HsMgr.exe from your windows folder in the drive where your operating system is been install. Now you can try reinstalling your driver by following the steps given below:

1. Go to device manager
    2. Select audio devices from the list
    3. Open it by double clicking
    4. Update the driver
    5. Select or checked the specify location
    6. Navigate it through for the right drivers
    7. Install it by clicking on next
    8. Click on OK

Sometimes it might be the case your speaker knob is not working fine. For this try moving your knob from maximum to minimum and from minimum to maximum level. There might be a possibility where your knob is been stuck or not used for several time. Moving its knob might clear the contacts as it moves from one to the other side. You can also try cleaning its knob by certain spray which is available in the market. Just keep some thin paper or a plastic and try cleaning it. Hope it might clear your problem.

Sometimes when we balance and control the volume control of your receiver or the speakers it might get noisy and gives us disturbance while producing audio output. This is because of the receiver, amps and pre-amps which produce noise at the output sooner or later where knob can become intermittent from time to time because of the oxidation of the internal moving parts within the switch. For this you will need to carry out cleaning and de-oxidizing. Also you can use a spray which can be useful at times.