Thread: Which is better 1GB DDR2 or 512MB DDR3?

Which is better 1GB DDR2 or 512MB DDR3?

I really here want to know that what is the mean of the DDR1, DDR2 and DDR3 and for what purpose it stands for in the graphic card? Recently I am working on this and gathering information about the same but till now my points are not very much clear over here. Can you guys help me regarding the 1GB DDR2 or 512MB DDR3 for which I have to go and which will be faster for my graphic card? Please tell me that for which I have to go?

Re: Which is better 1GB DDR2 or 512MB DDR3?

Related to this question I will advise you to never go for the DDR2. And I am really serious on this. According to me it is just a waste of time. And also a kind of marketing hype. And If you want then you go for the DDR4 it is quite faster. And for today game requirement 1GB of RAM is quite enough. So you buy the 1 gb of DDR3. And I hope this information will really help you to fix your confusion.

I also agree with the reply which is given just above me. My experience is also same on DDR2. And I will also tell you that DDR2 is just garbage. So you just do not go for this. And when I search about the same on many official website so I have find out that GDDR3 is the standard, but I have also come to know that ATI is making use of the GDDR5 which is far superior. So just try it.

Yeah the solution which is given here it is right. And DDR3 it has higher latency. And this one also provides you more speed and it is also quite better bandwidth comparing to GDDR2. And I think that GDDR4 is not better compare to GDDR3, but you may become aware of if you're looking at the 3870s many of them will have GDDR3 along with slower RAM speeds. And as you go ahead you will get more better and nice performance.

I do not agree with this solution which these guys have given over here. Recently I am making use of the 1GB of DDR2 and till now I do not face any kind of issue in this. Whatever game I run on this they all run without any issue. But yeah I agree that the DDR3 is slightly faster RAM. And many of my friend are also making use of the DDR2 and they also do not have any issue. And now it is upto you for which you go. I have put my thoughts on it.

The 1 GB only be an advantage if you play high enough resolution to use, and the 9500GT card is not powerful enough to run modern games at those resolutions. The higher speed DDR3 memory will make more difference than the extra memory to 1 GB. I definitely say avoid 1GB, especially for $ 75. That puts him close to the price of a HD4670, which is a faster card, and not too far from the 9600GSO/8800GS especially if you are willing to meet redemptions.

Thanks! I know the video card that is there now is the one originally ordered with the system when ordered about 4 or 5 years. I'm pretty sure it's an ATI and 256 mb, but that's my weak memory permits. I know it will not run Civilization 5 DivX9 even with the settings. Thanks again