Thread: Reusing the hard drive windows 7

Reusing the hard drive windows 7

I need to use my existing HD by means of a OEM copy of windows 7 (compaq) again on a computer which I am scheduling to construct. I need to utilize a MSI motherboard and I realize that the HD is joined to the motherboard the majority of the time. What should I perform to reprocess the HD as well as Windows 7 devoid of installing that over again? Please help me?

Re: Reusing the hard drive windows 7

Officially, the OEM license is joined to the innovative motherboard and using through an additional install is a infringement of the license. Though, MS is typically pretty good by means of allowing recycling your OEM license providing you only utilize once. The only lawful thing you can perform is to shift the HDD to the fresh configuration and after that re-activate software. You probably ought to make use of the manual technique. You can call MS and they will provide you the proper information about this.

I have one suggestion for you, you can try this and see if that can solve the problem for you. You will have to put boot.ini to boot within safe mode and after that uninstalled the motherboard and the processor. These popped the fresh one and then boot this up and it detected the new motherboard automatically with no any problems. This is the only thing that I can suggest you at the time. If it helps you then it is ok otherwise you can reply back and we will provide you some alternate solution for this.

Newer computer bios may not make out your previous hard drive except you have put the resultant IDE to "AUTO" (within bios setup). If that be unsuccessful you might require entering the info by putting bios toward "user". If the latter is the case, then you will require to be acquainted with the number of cylinders, heads as well as size. Be certain to put jumpers on old hard drive as of Primary otherwise Master toward slave otherwise secondary. I am not very sure that it will work but you can try this for sure.

I would like to tell you that the Maxtor recommends cannot install the different brand hard drives on the similar ribbon. I searched for this and found that the Western Digital drive with Maxtor drive work greatest (quicker). Maxtor suggest not installing different brand hard drives on similar ribbon. I have establish that my Western Digital drive with Maxtor drive work finest when one is a main Master and the additional is a resultant Slave.

You be supposed to capable of downloading and burn the ISO image of the accurate version for Windows. Right click the 'Computer' from the desktop and choose 'Properties' as of the drop down menu. Beneath Windows edition close to the top of window which opens it and will tell you that which edition of Windows is installed in your computer. Down near center of that window it must say whether you encompass the 32 bit otherwise 64 bit edition installed.