Thread: Logitech harmony giving error while setting up a connection with server for android setup

Logitech harmony giving error while setting up a connection with server for android setup

I have a revue and whenever I try to setup a connection with Logitech harmony. It just fails to connect with the server and it gives me an error saying that the server is unavailable and hence cannot get the required information. The phone readily accepts the 4 digit phone number and then there is some access and after that I get this strange error. So what can be the exact problem could you all please help me on this topic. Appreciate if you could answer for my query.

Re: Logitech harmony giving error while setting up a connection with server for android setup

One common solution that I would like to give you is that do try disabling the firewall which you had turned on. See that definitely helps. Many of the users have this kind of common problem and this is what I suggest for them. so that they work on it accordingly and some of them did get the desired solution. If you want then you can use the system in the de-militarized zone and work on it accordingly. So that’s what I have to say here do work on it accordingly.

Re: Logitech harmony giving error while setting up a connection with server for android setup

Well just to inform you all that I have two remotes Harmony 880 and the 550 remotes and let me tell you that it never gave me any error earlier with the firewall or the router and now after getting this android phone whenever I try to use the harmony it is giving me error. It is just simply not allowing me to use this particular application in the phone. I have used this remote with laptop as well as with the desktop at home it used to run properly there. So any more suggestions that you can give me then do let me know about it.

I would advice you to run with the temporary Ethernet connection and see if that is giving you the desired result. Well it does depend on the network connections that you have used and the type of routers used here. So as of now try with the temporary Ethernet connection and see if it is giving you the desired result. Now after that when everything else is confirmed put it back in the wireless connection and see how it works.

One useful suggestion that I would like to give you here is that just unplug the revue from the phone, turn off the phone and after switching your phone off, plug the revue back, turn the phone on and check for the network information. After having checked with it, turn on the wifi connection and then run the harmony application setup, that will work out in your case. Don’t think of compromising with the security by switching off the firewall. So do try that and let me know if that works or not.

Ok, I will definitely have a look over it and I am sure that they will help me out in the process. Thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you all have given here, I really appreciate your efforts for helping me out in this issue and giving me some useful solutions here. I will certainly have a look at all the suggestions that you all have given here and will let you know what results I have got. I will definitely keep you updated.