Thread: Logitech C600 webcam not working on Yahoo Instant Messenger

Logitech C600 webcam not working on Yahoo Instant Messenger

I had purchased a Logitech C600 webcam few weeks back to use on my PC which is running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. It worked properly till yesterday. Now it works with the Logitech software but not with the Yahoo Instant Messenger. I had brought the webcam to have video and voice calls with my friends through Yahoo Messenger. But now the webcam is not working with Yahoo Messenger only. What could be the reason behind this problem? Please help me.

Re: Logitech C600 webcam not working on Yahoo Instant Messenger

Do you have Anti-virus in your system? Is the antivirus updated? Do you periodically scan your computer? Because there is a strong possibility that your system files or yahoo messenger files or the Logitech webcam files have got corrupted. I would suggest you to scan your computer for virus detection. A piece of advice, always keep your antivirus updated to protect your system from viruses and other germs and Trojans. Also check if the webcam is properly connected with your computer. Check if the connection is not loose or the wire is entangled.

As you said that webcam is working when used with the Logitech software but not when you are using the Yahoo Messenger? I think your yahoo messenger has got corrupted. You must uninstall the current version of Yahoo Messenger and remove all its files from your system. Restart your system when it is prompted and download the latest version of yahoo messenger from yahoo’s official website and then install it in your system. After installation of new Yahoo Messenger, check whether the webcam is working with it or not.

Make sure that all the drivers installed are up-to-date. I would suggest you to uninstall the Logitech webcam drivers and reinstall it. Never forget to restart your system when prompted because many of the processes get completed after you restart or boot up your system. Download the latest version of Logitech webcam drivers from Logitech’s official website and install it. Restrict yourself from downloading the setup from any random sites because that setup can have virus and can be incomplete. Hopefully by reinstalling the Logitech’s webcam driver you will be able to overcome the problem.

If uninstallation and reinstallation of Logitech webcam drivers and also of yahoo messenger did not help you overcome this problem then there is a possibility that you must have infected your system file. Or there is some program or processes running in the background which is hampering the functioning of both Logitech firmware and yahoo messenger. Scanning the whole system can solve the problem. If not then you have got no other option but only to format your computer and re-install everything, there by killing every instance of virus attack(if any). Or before taking this drastic step, you can give system restoring a try. Try doing system restore till the date everything was working fine. Hopefully my suggestions would be helpful for u.