Thread: No custom paper size in Dot Matrix printer

No custom paper size in Dot Matrix printer

Guys I making use of this Epson LQ870 printer which is pretty old Dot Matrix Printer that one of my uncle had just given me for use since it was lying at his office in the trash with no use at all, so he allowed me take away this printer and I this is the first time that I am ever making use of a printer by myself. I am having Windows Xp Pro and have found that I am not able to get a custom paper size selected so as to print the paper accordingly. Can someone help me to know that where exactly is this for Dot Matrix printer.

Re: No custom paper size in Dot Matrix printer

Dude I think that the option for the custom paper size is always the same no matter if you are using Dot Matrix Printer or Deskjet printer or any other. You can easily get the option so as to choose the size for printing the paper when you click on the Ctrl P so as to print any document and from there you will have to click Properties. Over there you will have to click on the combo box which is just below the paper size and you can select whichever paper size that you would want the printing to be done.

Hey you can also got to the control panel and from there select printers and faxes and choose the printer that you are currently making use of. From there you will have to go to File and then select the server properties from there. Once you are in there you will get the option for the settings the page size along with margins and many more, you can adjust whatever you want accordingly and then click on OK and after that print and you will get the document printed.

I don’t know whether this is the right place so as to post my query but I would expect that someone will help me to solve my problem, I making use of the Epson LQ590 which is again a Dot Matrix Printer, but I have found out that when selecting the size to print the paper I have found that I am not getting the desired size that I have chosen. When I would select the A4 size I don’t get the same A4 size document printed, so can someone help me to know that what is the problem and how will I get it solved.

This is such a ridiculous thing that have happened to you, I have heard this for the first time that the printer is not printing the size that we have chosen, if you have already tried out the options so as to get the printer to work perfectly then one thing that I would suggest you is to reinstall the printer, with doing the settings for the printer from the very beginning and then see if you are able to get the size of the printed document perfectly.