Thread: Northbridge frequently overheated

Northbridge frequently overheated

A two days before I put this workstation together, and the entire went fine. But at what time I go to speed fan it inform me that “Temp2" and “Remote Temp” are together right approximately 70c. After a number of searching I observed that one temp is northbridge, I guess and say the other one is south bridge. I thing to purchasing a heatsink for them, but I actually have no clue how to make confident it would work among my motherboard. Also, I have not at all done something with a northbridge. Please send me your suggestion.

Re: Northbridge frequently overheated

I thing you are worried about northbridge’s temperature. Then don’t worry about it I guess you do not have any sufficient software for your temperature problem. Some time before I had same problem before 5 month ago. But when I downloaded and installed "HWMonitor” then it solved my problem related to temperature and it shows about the similar temperature for it. I would like to suggest you that you have to download this software and install it.

Press more air via the heatsink and make use of “silver ceramic heatsink compound”. Confirm you clean the entire the older CPU compound off among 99% isopropyl alcohol. You can purchase it from medicine store then apply the fresh compound but only sufficient to coat the chip's core. The square thing in the center of the large square. Be confident to try and there is nothing in the near resistors or diodes. The reason I say Artic Silver because ceramic does not demeanor electrical energy, but simply the heat if you have something you should not. Do not put that much out very badly crushed but not so little that is not complete coverage.

If you can solve this problem by own self then it is better to your problem, if you have any better alternative. Otherwise on the other hand you have one more alternative and that is you can make contact with any well experienced hardware repairer. I am too confident about that they can solve your problem very easily because they faced such kind of problem almost daily. And they will provide you some suggestion also for your better future with this issue. I think you have to try it because it is too simple and very common tips.