Thread: Dell mATX case mod

Dell mATX case mod

Well, I had some spare parts around and I found an old Dell computer in this case dated October 2000. A coworker of mine was going to throw it away transported to a local recycling. The Dell had a PIII 800 MHz processor. Talk about some processes .. Well, I knew the team retired, so I told my co-worker who took my hand. He just gave me his old Dell computer. The model for this is Dell L800R. She looked and saw the same case was in very good condition. So, after much planning, I decided to give a full review. So is there are any suggestion regarding the same.

Re: Dell mATX case mod

This is where snazzing begins to come into play. I have a window a few games out there and I thought Black / neon green scheme in this context and cooing. I went to my local Home Depot and buy some plastic epoxy, plastic paint primer and clear coat spray. First things first, though. I had to make sure I could get parts to fit inside. If you look at the power supply is at the center of the box, placed directly on the processor. I knew that this configuration of values that do not work for me. I wanted a decent amount of cooling and this left no room for action, including Intel HSF to be mounted. I had to find another place to stick the power supply. Well there is basically only one other place in this case, where you can go simply mounted on the motherboard traditional.

U can do little more than hang on the bottom of the box? In fact, there are some air holes. As small as they are, I decided to epoxy the area of air hole completely and make it look like one piece. Once the sticky resin is mixed, I literally had only a few minutes to run in place before fully cured. It did so by applying a small amount at a time against the attempt to shape a mass of epoxy. With the resin in place, sanding and sanding and sanding to achieve the desired results. While there, epoxy resins, drive slot 3 1 / 2 square drive and above 3 2.1.

I really know there is definitely no shortage of cables! But that's a bad thing if the person who uses this power only needs about four of the cables! As for the other cables, which will be "discreetly" to hide. At this point, I'm thinking of opening a large hole in the metal base plate to help route some of the unused wires there. Every nook and cranny little help In addition, most of my pieces are not of decent quality (as a backup in case my main computer setup has problems. I try to keep parts on hand because I like the downtime.

Then came the CPU fan CNPS9500 AM2 .. The 9500 barely fits in my small suitcase and is not critical to run this configuration to 3.8GHz. Since it is a HTPC, I would be happy at 3.0GHz. I have different thermal pastes out there so in this first attempt, I applied AS5. We will see temperatures after everything is working. If I am not happy, I have some MX-1 paste and a bit of thermal paste Asetek. Also, I have some, but not the best material on the processors, but it works like a champ on my NB and SB in the water for me in my training of the other

Good suggestions, but I stay away from the portable hard drives slap For now, I go to my Seagate 500 GB Hard Drive in Vista Ultimate x64 is already loaded. I will have to boot into safe mode and delete the latest drivers and nforce driver’s misc Realtek here and there come to mind. My other site is really very simple as I have a pair of SATA cables coming out of the back of the box and enter the small enclosure. I have yet to buy an external SATA media, but those are just a few dollars. You also need to buy a pair of SATA cables. Again, a minimal cost .. I bought an extra fan for the room and destroyed AC Ryan Green small 80 mm fan provides. I was able to cut a new mounting plate for the back to keep the 120 mm fan in place and the power connector and SATA connector enters the small room.