Thread: Is it possible to increase the capacity of the hard drive in Toshiba Libretto U100?

Is it possible to increase the capacity of the hard drive in Toshiba Libretto U100?

Hi, as I am here find some of the solution for the confusion that I am facing in the laptop of mine, since it is a year now that I am using this laptop, the name of it is Toshiba Libretto U100, it is just working fie and also the performance that it provide is also great, but the problem in it is the hard drive, since the capacity that is default provided is only 30GB, as it very low I was wondering that is it possible to increase the capacity of it by installing a new hard drive which is of higher capacity then the all. Also will this create any of the problems in compatibility issue in it?

Re: Is it possible to increase the capacity of the hard drive in Toshiba Libretto U100?

See according to me, I will go first to the genuine site of the Toshiba and there I will try to see the information that is regarding to the hard drive, again some of the time the website are not updated for a long time, and also I have experienced a lot of difficulty due to this, I would have given a call to the customer care which will be giving the proper solution regarding the hard drive and then only go for the proper solution that is been provided by them, according to me the higher version can be used in it, so that you can store more thing in it.

Re: Is it possible to increase the capacity of the hard drive in Toshiba Libretto U100?

I did the up gradation of the hard drive in the laptop, and I can be done till a certain limits, I have seen that when you do the following thing, people do not go for some of the sophisticated software that are present in the market, this thing make the task more easier and also the presence of it make the thing go more smoothly and also error free, the thing that you can do is cloning the hard drive, this will make the hard drive similar to the older ones which will transfer the data in it. According to me go for the EZ upgrade kit, these will help you in getting all the steps to be done in the proper manner.

According to me just go for the swapping of the hard drive in such a way that you don’t have to install the software in it again and again, so backup all the data that you want to and it is very important to you. After that try going in doing the transfer of the data in such a way that it will help you in getting in a proper manner, once you have done that then tale the old hard drive and keep it in such a way that it should consist all the data in it, so even you have any of error in it you can remove that with the help of the old drive.

The utility tool that is been provided in the above post is good but there is another tool which is also the same which will provide the same result and also it will provide the best result, I had use that while I was doing the up gradation of the laptop hard drive, the utility tool that I am talking about is drive imageXML, this thing will help you in cloning the data that is been present in the old hard drive exactly it was. Once you have done that then you have to use a Windows boot loader to reinstall the boot value in the cloned hard drive, this will help you to repair the value in it.

I feel the main problem that most of the user face is the presence of the Windows already in the laptop that will help the free utility to work in the laptop, because the hard drive that most of the laptop can be connected is only a single one. I had faced this kind of the problem, so I went with the Linux based clonezilla live CD, which help in transferring the data or cloning you can say in the external new hard drive, as it is free you can download it from the internet.