Thread: Unable to print, error Message 0x000006ba on windows vista

Unable to print, error Message 0x000006ba on windows vista

I am using HP Laserjet 1012 on my Windows Vista operating system without any issues for many months. Now I have started getting error message that says "Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006ba). The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." I even tried to restart the spooler but this didnt work. Does anyone know what else can I try to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Unable to print, error Message 0x000006ba on windows vista

Incase the print spooler service is not starting properly then you need to ensure that any dependent services on the spooler are started and then retry starting the spooler again. You can also try to download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and use it on your pc. This software can be used when you experience different setup issues, especially when you perform multiple installation or uninstallatin process.

Re: Unable to print, error Message 0x000006ba on windows vista

Did you try to uninstall and then reinstall the Printer driver and then checked if it is working or not. You can find the printer software in the CD/DVD that you got with along with your HP printer. Just insert it your CD/DVD drive and then reinstall the printer drivers again. If you dont have the CD then visit HP website and download the latest driver available for your printer model. Hope this helps.

I found a fix for this problem. Vista automatically turns off LDP port after installing new printer driver and also leaves only internet client port only. So that is why the printer spooler service fails to start. To solve this go to Programs and Features in Control Panel > and then turn Windows features on or off. After that click + sign of print services and then select LPD and LPR. You need to also remove Internet Printing Client and then reboot your pc to ensure there is no error of spooler service. After that add your printer driver again.