Thread: Solid-state drive endurance so far

Solid-state drive endurance so far

Since SSD is essentially a memory chip I figured this might be an appropriate forum. Is there someone who begins to decrease in its performance SSD? In terms of your first point of reference during the installation to say, now, it could be months or years later. I understand that as you continue the trend in smaller sizes SSD manufacturing of the P / E cycles are starting to get less and less. I get a new power SandForce sf2200 SSD but I'm afraid of losing my money on something that will not last. Thanks in advance for any further help.

Re: Solid-state drive endurance so far

I have not and I've had mine for 2 years. I'd say go for it, like when you start to see problems that should be 5 + years later, which means that you have your money's worth out of it and probably would be thinking of buying one again anyway, either a new or new PC SSD. No depreciation performance at all after almost two years on my Intel X-25M 80GBs. TRIM and trash seem to be good enough to maintain a consistent performance. They last long and not repeatedly create and delete files from a CTM 2TB disk every day. Just use normally.

There was a lot of hype or information when the SSD for the first time the mainstream of life of NAND chips. The reality is that the new discs have several years of trouble more than you would expect from a normal hard disk (some would say more reliable). You need to be aware of the differences in technologies and make some small changes in the way you use the units. As mentioned repeatedly, do not copy and remove large amounts of data to and from the unit if you can help. Most people use a regular hard disk for storing large volumes of information, both to protect the SSD and just because the price / GB are a lot cheaper.

I have a number of Kingston V and a pair of Intel G1 and G2 drivers, all units is still a great job. Kingston is an older and does not support MIC, but in my Netbook and so far has shown no signs of slowing yet. I want to get a unit that has one of those. I'm thinking as crucial as they leave or Corsair. I honestly do not think you have a problem with the unit carried out before its past its best. Get one and enjoy fast loading times!

I would wait until people actually get them and no reference tests to see what longevity is. I personally do not like anything SF. SF was 3 units, 2 died within a week of Newegg on two different machines in the benchmarks are fast, but in the real world evidence that only became faster or slower than my Kingston value unit . I have had no problem with my Kingston drive or Intel and so I'm biased against them.

I know I said my experience is limited. I owned a Revo II SSD PCI-e but it took me back to Microcenter because it was not easy overclocking. Any overclock the PCI bus and it crashed. I have to say that you will see an improvement in OS. Definitely. I mean my computer will load Firefox faster than he could release the mouse button opens. Was considerably faster. I just want to have a SSD again because I remember what really more of a difference. Hard put to shame.